Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-EX58-UD5 RAID issue

GA-EX58-UD5 RAID issue
« on: September 16, 2009, 05:56:47 pm »
I just put together a machine with a GA-EX58-UD5 motherboard and two 1TB Seagate (ST31000528AS) HD's. When the SATA RAID/ACHI Mode option is set to 'RAID', BIOS can't seem to see the drives though they are visible during part of the POST process. Whenever I set the SATA RAID/ACHI Mode to 'Disabled' both drives are visible in BIOS.

When I say 'visible' I mean that I can see both drives listed on the Standard CMOS Features menu. It is from this same menu that the drives disappear whenever I try to configure a RAID1. This is also true with regards to visibility on the Hard Disk Boot Priority screen under the Advanced BIOS Features menu.

The HD's are connected to the SATA2_1 and SATA2_2 (blue) ports.

I have read the manual and followed the instructions there for building a raid but even following the instructions but even so the motherboard does not seem to be able to detect the HD's when I configure them for RAID1. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

-Sam

Re: GA-EX58-UD5 RAID issue
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 06:11:36 pm »
Update:

I rebuilt the RAID1 array and while it is still invisible on the Standard CMOS Features menu it is now visible in the Hard Disk Boot Priority screen. It has also proceeded past the point where it was stopping previously and Windows is now installing. I guess that rebuilding the array is waht did the trick as I am pretty certain that I changed no other settings. To anyone who read this or my previous post, I thank you for your time and consideration.

-Sam