Official GIGABYTE Forum

560 Ti SoC - 950 crashes driver

560 Ti SoC - 950 crashes driver
« on: June 21, 2011, 10:06:16 am »
Hello,

I have been reading similar posts but I have an additional problem it seems.

The card started to crash, stopped responding (driver crashes and restarts) while playing Shogun2 and Dirt3. I noticed that every time the temperature was between 73C and 80C. These temps shouldn't cause the card to stop responding so I'm guessing it's related to voltages and load. I have reproduced the crash several times with Afterburner/Kombustor. It always happens in the 73-80C range.

The problem is I can't seem to change the voltage. Afterburner doesn't even show it and in OC Guru from Gigabyte changing the voltage control to "Manually" doesn't do anything as it still regulates like on "Auto".
Any ideas why I can't modify the voltages to at least try to solve the problem.

Also, is there a BIOS update? I have F1 right now.

I have reported it to GGTS also but maybe you guys can suggest something sooner.

Thanks

Re: 560 Ti SoC - 950 crashes driver
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:39:12 pm »
A quick fix...turn the voltage up on your card.  Download MSI afterbuner software then in settings click the "unlock voltage" option.  After that turn your core voltage up to 1012( from 985).  This should give you a quick fix...at least this seems to solve most problems for me aby making the card more stable.  Im sending my card back tomorrow to get replaced...even though turning up the voltage seems to work..i want a card that runs at its factory settings.   

Aussie Allan

• A yoyo uses all three fundermental laws of phisics
Re: 560 Ti SoC - 950 crashes driver
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 04:02:03 pm »

Now there's a wise man......odds on ....IF you have a problem......it will be with a factory clocked card!

I still don't understand why people have become so complacent  with ......"It's only running at 80C".... the lower the temp of any component, the longer it will last...........if it crashes at a certain temp range, it might seem to be driver related, but it's not, it's thermal mechanics at work. as metal (copper tracks,legs,wire) heats and cools in a continues cycle, it hardens and becomes more brittle....eventually microscopic  breaks can form and with temp expansion can act like a switch....this can be on the PCB itself (Tracks) wires and even inside the chip/s itself........even a few degrees can make a difference to the life of a given bit of kit.........more voltage can fix issues where stability can be gained again going over a perceived stability MAX!.......but volts means heat........extra heat that you have to get rid of.

Aussie Allan
i7-4790K @4.8GHz 24/7 water clock
MSI XPower AC
32GB corsair  2666Mhz
 GTX-1070Ti full cover
Lange DDC elite pump
G changer360 Rad x2
Phobya 450 balancer
W10 Pro-64
Zigor 2000 UPS
1x500GB for clone
6x2tb- raid5-Storage