Official GIGABYTE Forum

can you help me? GA-990FXA-UD3

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: can you help me? GA-990FXA-UD3
« Reply #15 on: June 28, 2011, 09:58:41 am »
Hi again,

sorry to say I have encountered similar BOOT and restart problems on the GA-990FXA-UD5 which I haven't been able to resolve yet. I think there is a problem with the BIOS, rather than a hardware issue and I would strongly recommend that you contact GGTS here: http://ggts.gigabyte.com/tech.asp?ClassID=2&Country=Spain&SourceWeb=B2C if you haven't already done so.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 10:24:27 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

enrold

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2011, 10:20:01 am »
Hi again.

Today when I try to start my PC I've changed onchip sata type from AHCI mode to Native IDE and now looks like run ok even it reset thing I've never been be able to do. lol it's absolutly amazing. I prove some days and if come back to fail I'll change to motherboard by other. :(

could be that the fact of installing win7 in AHCI mode  and now back to native ide works?
I don't know :)

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2011, 10:28:38 am »
Even if the system seems OK under Native IDE mode you should still raise a support ticket with Gigabyte as the underlying issues will still be there.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

enrold

« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2011, 11:19:42 am »
Even if the system seems OK under Native IDE mode you should still raise a support ticket with Gigabyte as the underlying issues will still be there.

ok I send it yet.

enrold

« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2011, 12:12:44 pm »
I'm sorry, but this evening I think I'm going  change the motherboard. because I see no way out of this. And that means going to suthbridge 890FX

when everything seemed to go well again. This becomes a mistake again.
a conclusion that is already mine. It seems every time I turn on the pc and turn off  it on again this increasingly cost you more start as if it were corrupting the bios more and more until you reach a point where you have to modify some of the bios for this to work again.

Good said that I can only thank you for your patience with me and thank you very much for your help.

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2011, 12:25:44 pm »
I understand your frustration and I am having similar problems with my GA-990FXA-UD5 so I know how you feel.

Contact GGTS as I said earlier, they have just sent me a Beta BIOS for my motherboard which does seem to be better, although I haven't fully tested it yet. They may have a similar Beta BIOS that you can try but you won't know if you don't ask them.