Official GIGABYTE Forum

BIOS near miss

mpetroul

BIOS near miss
« on: June 22, 2011, 05:59:24 pm »
I have been having several issues with a Z68-UD7  mainboard I got recently. I used that gigbyte email system to ask for some tech support. After a week I had given up hope of hearing form them and then I got an email back. In the email was:

Dear customer:

Please connect the keyboard into the "red" color USB port and use the attach BIOS to correct the "Touch BIOS" program issue.

Thank you.
Attachment :  Attach file z68xud7.rar ( 1533 KB ) :

I loaded the above BIOS into the system and zero power from any of my USB ports. The 5VDC was not present on any of the usb pins inside or out. Reboot after reboot after reboot and nothing. Luckly during one of the reboots after my third CMOS clear, the system came up with a checksum error and and wanted to go back to the LNGS and I think the dual BIOS kicked in.
Anyway, once I did that, well once it did that further luck afforded me the default option was the one that fixed the system. I have not had time to really check it out, but I was able to us the keyboard and mouse again. I'll tell you I am in awe of this. Why would someone give that to me? I thought at first that it had bricked my mother board. The only issues I have are these two, as far as I can tell they arent that big of a deal and did they try this BIOS before giving it to me?

Anyway, stay clear af the F6 (G) BIOS. I think that is the rev they gave me. Has anyone else installed that BIOS rev and has good luck??

Thanks very much,
Mike

ex58

Re: BIOS near miss
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 10:55:26 am »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 10:57:02 am by ex58 »

mpetroul

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 04:08:06 am »
is that a P67 BIOS that has been modded or something? Or is there a mistake in CPUZ, Your mainboard informaiton says you have a P67 southbridge? IDK about that...

Here is what mine says about it, not P67. I am just wondering what that is all about. Do you notice things powering up straight away or does it take until you get into windows? Thanks very much.

Northbridge   Intel Sandy Bridge rev. 09
Southbridge   Intel ID1C44 rev. 05
Graphic Interface   PCI-Express
PCI-E Link Width   x16
PCI-E Max Link Width   x16
Memory Type   DDR3
Memory Size   8192 MBytes
Memory Frequency   665.2 MHz (1:5)
CAS# latency (CL)   9.0
RAS# to CAS# delay (tRCD)   9
RAS# Precharge (tRP)   9
Cycle Time (tRAS)   24
Command Rate (CR)   2T

Karlston

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 05:38:34 am »
is that a P67 BIOS that has been modded or something? Or is there a mistake in CPUZ, Your mainboard informaiton says you have a P67 southbridge? IDK about that...

Here is what mine says about it, not P67.

AFAIK, CPU-Z v1.58 is still beta, that may explain the differences you observed with your v1.57.