Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-990FXA-UD5 issues (need quick answers)

GA-990FXA-UD5 issues (need quick answers)
« on: June 24, 2011, 11:07:36 am »
hi

i have a GA-990FXA-UD5 motherboard with a 1090T.. the system is running but the vcore on this motherboard  is so bad. for example it says my stock vcore is 1.30v in M.I.B menu which is right but in pc heath menu it says 1.344, when i put the system under load it drops to 1.280v, but when i try to overclock it's impossible, for example, i set the cpu multiplier to 20 and up the vcore to 1.425v in M.I.B menu but in pc heath menu it says 1.475v, when i get in to windows and put the system under load it drops to between 1.360v/1.380v and the system crashs because of that

on my other motherboard (GA-890FXA-UD5) it has never had this issue, the vcore stays at what you set it at, no vcore drop. it did 4ghz with my 1090t at 1.425v fully stable...

what i want to know is will a bios update fix this or not? i need to know quick because if the answer is  no then i'll send the motherboard back...
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:44:15 am by runn3R »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-990FXA-UD5 issues (need quick answers)
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 11:36:35 am »
Hi there,

yes, there does seem to be an issue here and I have sent you a BETA BIOS (F5a) via e-mail to see if it addresses the problem for you. Please let me know how you get on.

If any other user is facing this, or other BIOS problems and wishes to to try the BETA f5a BIOS please send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will forward it on to you.

Please note that I am in the UK and it may take a little while for me to reply, if you are in other parts of the world, as I need to get some sleep occasionally!  :P
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:03:44 pm by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

zuban

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 11:48:12 am »
I am also having this issue, have pm'd you my email i would like to try the updated bios

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 11:58:02 am »
I have sent it on to you, hope it helps.  ;)
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 01:27:39 pm »
Hi there,

yes, there does seem to be an issue here and I have sent you a BETA BIOS (F5a) via e-mail to see if it addresses the problem for you. Please let me know how you get on.

If any other user is facing this, or other BIOS problems and wishes to to try the BETA f5a BIOS please send me a PM with your e-mail address and I will forward it on to you.

Please note that I am in the UK and it may take a little while for me to reply, if you are in other parts of the world, as I need to get some sleep occasionally!  :P
hi

i haven't received the email..

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 01:33:13 pm »
Hi there,

I sent it to the e-mail you have given on your profile page at 11.32 am.
If this is not correct please PM me here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=1342 with correct address and I will resend it. It's also worth double checking you SPAM and JUNK mail boxes just in case it was automatically deleted because of the attachment.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 01:33:57 pm by absic »

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2011, 01:40:01 pm »
Hi there,

I sent it to the e-mail you have given on your profile page at 11.32 am.
If this is not correct please PM me here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=1342 with correct address and I will resend it. It's also worth double checking you SPAM and JUNK mail boxes just in case it was automatically deleted because of the attachment.

yeah i've found it in JUNK box..

will flash now thanks

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2011, 01:42:26 pm »
yeah i've found it in JUNK box..

will flash now thanks

Pleased that is what happened but a bit worried in case DM reads this thread. He's bound to make some comment about my e-mails being filtered as junk!  :'(

zuban

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2011, 02:03:06 pm »
hasnt made any difference for me :(

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2011, 02:10:02 pm »
well i've just flashed and it's still the same...

i really need to know if it's a bios fault or motherboard fault?

i only have till  monday to send it back

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2011, 02:14:06 pm »
I understand your frustration and feel pretty certain this is a problem with the BIOS rather than the hardware. The fact that several of us are able to get the same or similar results, using different hardware configurations would also, I feel, point to this.

The only advice I can give is to show a little patience. Gigabyte are aware of this issue and hopefully we will see a new BIOS pretty quickly,  that does resolve the problem.

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2011, 02:22:23 pm »
I understand your frustration and feel pretty certain this is a problem with the BIOS rather than the hardware. The fact that several of us are able to get the same or similar results, using different hardware configurations would also, I feel, point to this.

The only advice I can give is to show a little patience. Gigabyte are aware of this issue and hopefully we will see a new BIOS pretty quickly,  that does resolve the problem.

but what if gigabyte can't slove it or say it's a hardware fault? will gigabyte be prepared to swap the motherboard or something?

zuban

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2011, 02:32:46 pm »
thats my biggest concern really, if its a bios fault presumably it will get fixed soon enough, but if its a hardware fault then what  ???.

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2011, 02:47:33 pm »
nearly all my motherboards has been gigabyte because they have great features.. i only had one other gigabyte motherboard which had this same issue which never got slove..

i'm a disabled person, i don't have money to throw away.. that why i need to be sure....
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 02:49:24 pm by gareth170 »

absic

• Bandcamp
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2011, 03:50:56 pm »
Hi again,

I can only speak from my own experience as a long time user of Gigabyte motherboards and I am confident that this IS primarily a BIOS issue. Gigabyte have always incorporated in their BIOS a little bit higher voltages than one will get on some other manufacturer's board. This is to make things as stable as possible for the end user without overly stressing the components.

If you have concerns over the hardware then only you can make the call as to whether or not you wish to return it. All Gigabyte Motherboards come with a 3 year warranty from date of manufacture and, although you won't be able to swap it for a different maker's board as you can within the 30 days guarantee from most sellers, you are covered by Gigabyte if the hardware is faulty.

Personally, although a little frustrated with the BIOS issues I have encountered, I do not feel in any way that the basic hardware is at fault and I am quite prepared to wait a few weeks whilst this issue is resolved.

If you wish to try and hurry the process along then you will really need to contact GGTS here: http://ggts.gigabyte.com/tech.asp?ClassID=2&Country=U.K.&SourceWeb=B2C but I should make you aware that it can take several days before you will get any response.