Official GIGABYTE Forum

Updating AMD chipset driver

pantz

Updating AMD chipset driver
« on: September 19, 2009, 08:38:44 pm »
Hello everyone, new to the forum. I brought a Gigabyte motherboard ( GA-MA790XT-UD4P ) a few months ago and it is working out just fine. Today i just updated my BIOS from F2 to F5 and all went well, i see that there is another update for my MB ( AMD Chipset Driver (include chipset\sata raid driver) which i have downloaded to my desktop. as i look in the folder i see a lot of ATI drivers in there an i am usining a EVGA 260 video card, my question is which one of the file do i use ( install ) to update the amd chipset driver.
Thanks in advance

bofh1971

Re: Updating AMD chipset driver
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 04:43:29 pm »
Hi there

dont worry about the whole ATI thing, basically your motherboard has ATI Crossfire built in, AMD own ATI so its all wrapped up together
I think they are using the ATI moniker due to their driver system moving to the Catalyst system that ATI Graphics cards use, which would make sense when having drivers that do Crossfire/SLI functions.

Just let the install run it should be fine, however many people like to use driver cleaners and the like to clear out old versions before installing an updated driver.

Good luck
Gigabyte GA-790FXTA-UD5 (forum prize)
Phenom IIx4 965BE, 8GB Corsair 1333 Ram
2x750gb HDD's Raid0, Palit Geforce GTX570
Windows 7 Ultimate, Acer 24" P256H Monitor, Razer Salmosa Mouse,
Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keybaord