Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-X58A-UD5 Disk boot failure

peidof

GA-X58A-UD5 Disk boot failure
« on: June 25, 2011, 03:24:19 pm »
Hi there , my pc was working normaly , i turned it off and now when im going to turn it on it wont boot on windows and worst dosent recognise any hard drives or dvd recorder.

I didnt make any change or so just turned off and tanfer some hours turned on.

They are all sata and i remember they were configured with jmicron at least i remember to see that at start, and for the things i have search on internet its bios setup but i cant get it right :S , because i can detect the drivers but cant configured right.

Can you please say if it is bios setup and if so can post the configs , i got 2 hdd sata but they work as normal sata and 1 dvd recorder sata.

When configured wright it will boot so windows 7 that its instaled , its needed to be formated or it can be fixed?!

thanks

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: GA-X58A-UD5 Disk boot failure
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2011, 05:43:16 pm »
Well you haven't given us much information to go on but I would suggest that it would be a good idea to replace the motherboard battery (CR2032) and then clear the CMOS as  follows. Please do exactly as instructed.

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery for at least one hour before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB