Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-990FXA-UD3 Isn't unlocking extra cores on x2 550.

GA-990FXA-UD3 Isn't unlocking extra cores on x2 550.
« on: July 01, 2011, 08:49:15 am »
I bought my GA-990FXA-UD3 last week pretty happy with it but i'm having no luck with unlocking my cores and getting them fully stable with my x2 550, before i had a pretty cheap £45 asus board and it unlocked all 4 cores 100% stable so i know it's not my cpu.
Is there plans for a bios fix?
Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks.
Marcus.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2011, 08:46:39 am by runn3R »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-990FXA-UD3 Isn't unlocking extra cores on x2 550.
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 03:51:00 pm »
Hi there,

not sure if there is a BIOS update in the pipeline for your particular motherboard but I will see what I can find out for you.

As to core unlocking, I have to say that I have always found Gigabyte boards to be much fussier over the process than other motherboards. Never got to the bottom of why this should be and the only thing we could come up with, when discussing this in other threads is, that Gigabyte set the threshold for success at a higher level. Don't know if this is really true but, it is all we could come up with as an answer and this was never confirmed or denied by Gigabyte.

absic - Marcus I have sent you a Personal Message please check your inbox by clicking the My Messages box.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 05:01:20 pm by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.