Official GIGABYTE Forum

Reportedly 6Gb/s SATA on the way from Gigabyte

Reportedly 6Gb/s SATA on the way from Gigabyte
« on: September 28, 2009, 05:16:21 pm »
 :-X Marvell today announced the first 6Gb/s SATA RAID controller, the Marvell 88SE9128.

The Marvell 88SE9128 is cost effective and features advanced AES 256 bit data encryption and a blazing fast Serial ATA (SATA) 6Gb/s interface. Storage has long been considered a performance bottleneck in computing systems, but the new Marvell 88SE9128 6Gb/s SATA RAID controller is anticipated to double the storage interface performance and sets a new standard for next generation, high performance PC and server computing. The Marvell 88SE9128 builds on Marvell's market leadership, delivering advantages in performance, advanced data protection and interoperability which are unmatched in the industry.

Marvell is working closely with the other members of SATA ecosystem, including PC motherboard vendors, hard disc drive and solid state storage companies, to bring 6Gb/s SATA products to market. ASRock, ASUSTek, GIGABYTE   ;D and MSI have selected Marvell's 6Gb/s SATA RAID controller to enable next generation mainstream high performance desktop motherboards. In addition, Marvell has also collaborated with Micron, Seagate* and Samsung to provide 6Gb/s SATA enabled hard disk drives and solid state drives for the anticipated industry transition in 2010.

Source: Marvell

*Seagate's drive is already out there! I hear Intel will have a 32nm chip  for us in Nov. It would be great if Gigabyte had boards ready by then. -  Yes I know they fit the current boards but if anyone's planning chip and board buy, it's wait for the new SATA standard, surely.

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: Reportedly 6Gb/s SATA on the way from Gigabyte
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2009, 06:05:34 pm »
Finally 6gb/s sata!! They took their time eh ;)
There's no place like ::1