Phobya Mousepad "Soft Edition - Black"

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« on: July 20, 2011, 10:08:11 am »

by Dark Mantis

I have just received a new product from Phobya, a mousepad. They just call it the "Soft Edtion - Black"

which describes it quite well really.

It is nice and flexible and hence the name. To be fair it is ideal if you want to roll it up to take

somewhere with you like a LAN party or something similar. The mat is made of a tough pure linen given a

durable rubberised coating on the front to help with traction and logevity. The finish is very smooth and

bares the Phobya logo and web address.

On the back there is a coarser rubber finish that gives a good grip on most any surface. The pad is only

2mm thick in total which helps with the flexibity mentioned earlier. It is also slightly larger than most

mats which is a bonus especially when playing games as it can be really annoying when the mouse

unexpectedly goes off the edge in a critical moment.

Overall it is 260 x 210 x 2mm. It certainly works well with my Logitech M705 optical wireless mouse and

several other optical mice I have lying around the place. The only thing I can see that could be of

concern is the edges look like they may be prone to fraying after some heavy use but only time will tell

that for certain. Beyond that I like the pad and it has now taken over from my previous mat.

For the price I think it is a great buy and even as a backup or to be used for taking out I would

recommend it. I rate it as 8/10.

Supplier: CandC Central: http://www.candccentral.co.uk/  Price £3.19

« Last Edit: July 27, 2011, 08:35:36 am by runn3R »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3