Official GIGABYTE Forum

New computer with Gigabyt Z68X-UD3H-B3 stuck in reboot

New computer with Gigabyt Z68X-UD3H-B3 stuck in reboot
« on: July 24, 2011, 12:16:50 am »
Hello, I recently bought a Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 motherboard to complete my new build, it consists of:

CPU: Intel Core i5-2500K
RAM: G.SKill Ripjaw X 1600 (2x4GB)
GPU: Evga GTX 560Ti
PSU: Corsair HX650
Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D
HDD: Samsung F3 1TB
CD/DVD: Lite-on
MOBO: Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3

I have carefully assembled everything with proper grounding to eliminate static shock, and when I first powered up the computer, all Phase LEDs light up, case fans and CPU fan spin and immediately shuts down, the computer will try to restart itself and shut down, and again and again..the only way to turn off the computer is by turning off the switch on the PSU. No beeping from the computer.

I have tested the PSU using the paperclip method and it seems to be working, I have also disconnected all drives and RAM, leaving only the CPU on the mobo (ATX and 8PIN connected) to try and restart, same thing. I have reseated the CPU and stock cooler, still same thing.  I have also cleared the CMOS by removing the batter and putting it in later, still no change.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I found this video on youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLvB74EF59s), while its a different board, it seems like the exact problem show in the first 30 seconds of the video..
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 12:21:11 am by bollinger »

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: New computer with Gigabyt Z68X-UD3H-B3 stuck in reboot
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 11:18:51 am »
Hi you seem to have done a good amount of troubleshooting already. There are really only three things left that it could be. I would suggest that your next step[ should be to try running it out of the case. Please follow these instructions.

Remove the motherboard form the case and test it on the workbench.

Make sure that you observe anti-static precautions.

Lay some cardboard or use the motherboard box that is non-conductive on the worktop and remove the motherboard/CPU/heatsink/fan/buzzer/one stick of memory and PSU from the case and put it on the cardboard. Add the keyboard and now I know you haven't got any graphics but try and boot. The system should try and then fail emitting a series of beeps. Please post what sounds it makes.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB