Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA790GP-UD4H AHCI/Raid drivers for Windows Home Server SMART issue

I have a GA-MA790GP-UD4H mobo with an AMD 5050e cpu in a Noroco 4220 case running Windows Home Server. Mobo was purchased in late  June 09 and installed in early July 09.  When I built the machine, I installed the XP32 bit AHCI/Raid drivers because I didn't see a Windows Server 2003 driver available. I cannot get any SMART data from the mobo sata ports. Drives connected to the mobo sata ports are not recognized in Speedfan. I believe I'm using the 9-6_xp32-64_raid drivers. Are there any AHCI/Raid drivers for this mobo that will enable the SMART data on the mobo sata ports with Windows Home Server OS?

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: GA-MA790GP-UD4H AHCI/Raid drivers for Windows Home Server SMART issue
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 09:25:45 am »
Hi

Check if SMART is enabled inside bios, usually this option was hidden, so you will be able to find it only after pressing CTRL + F1 keys in the main BIOS menu, then hidden options will appear.

What is your bios version? the latest one is F5:
http://www.giga-byte.co.uk/Support/Motherboard/BIOS_Model.aspx?ProductID=3003

How many HDD's do you have and to which ports they are connected? Do you have RAID on them? If yes which one?
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Re: GA-MA790GP-UD4H AHCI/Raid drivers for Windows Home Server SMART issue
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 01:56:26 pm »
SMART is enabled in the bios. Bios version is F2. The updates in the later versions relate to support for CPUs other than mine and for other stuff that I don't need. The OS is Windows Home Server, so no RAID.  I've found some information indicating that since the AMD AHCI/RAID Controller driver is actually a RAID driver; it will not allow SMART data to pass. I think what I need is a non-raid AHCI driver?