Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-M52L-S3(rev. 1.x) New graphic card and power supply, new problems :P

Trupy

After My old graphic card died ( VRAM ), i went and bought a new one ( HD 5830 ) and a new power supply ( Corsair 600w ). After installing new VGA card ,on computer boot there is blank screen for 20-40 secs (on POST). Also during that time silent noise is produced by pc speaker every few seconds.
After that the pc starts to boot normally and everything is fine. It feels like the boot process is delayed.

I updated my bios to the latest version but the problem is still there.

Mobo: GA-M52L-S3(rev. 1.x)

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-M52L-S3(rev. 1.x) New graphic card and power supply, new problems :P
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:44:02 pm »
Hi there,

It might be worthwhile reflashing the BIOS with the F8 BIOS rather than the F9a to see if that helps. I would recommend that you update the BIOS using the QFlash utility and that you disable the "Keep DMI Data" Option before you actually start the flash process.

If you are unsure of flashing the BIOS using QFlash check here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2441.msg13929.html#msg13929
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Trupy

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:58:17 pm »
Thanks for the quick response , i did what you suggested me to do, only difference is i used the "@BIOS" utility that i found on the official gigabyte website. I am on the F8 ver. now but the problem is still here.

EDIT:  Just wanted to add a note this black screen waiting time is before the POST beep sound.

Just a quick question, is this something to worry about? Since i'm kinda worried if there is a problem with some of the new components or if the mobo is dying, if it is maybe it could fry some of the components. If its a knows problem i would like you to tell me not to worry :P, i'm thinking about getting a new mobo right now but id like to not have to do that since id have to get a new cpu and memory with it :P.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 05:44:59 pm by Trupy »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 06:52:29 pm »
Hi there,

without actually seeing how your system is starting up I can't really say if you have a problem or not. But, saying that, there can often be a pause of up to 30 seconds before hearing the POST beep, depending on what hardware is installed.

One of the reasons that we recommend that you use QFlash for updating BIOS is that the software utility @BIOS, although easy to use, is not as reliable as the QFlash method because it is actually flashing the BIOS through the OS and this can and sometimes does, lead to problems.

As you have replaced your GPU there could be an issue with the CMOS remembering your old Hardware configuration, which is why I recommended that you disable the "Keep DMI Data" Option before you flashed the BIOS. It might now be a good idea to do an extended clear of CMOS. Dark Mantis has explained how to do this in several posts so you might want to check here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,6296.msg49629.html#msg49629 for the best way to do this.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Trupy

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 07:00:22 pm »
Thanks you for the suggestion,i will try and do that tomorrow or on monday since i'm really busy and not at home atm, il post here again with the results, once more thank you i appreciate that.