Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA770-UD3 rev2.0 Phenom II x2 550 ram issue

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-MA770-UD3 rev2.0 Phenom II x2 550 ram issue
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2011, 03:54:59 pm »
Good luck and don't forget to let us know how you get on.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

godheim

Re: GA-MA770-UD3 rev2.0 Phenom II x2 550 ram issue
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2011, 09:39:43 pm »
Ok, little update. Today I got my hands on a 2x2gb Kingston CL5 1,8V KVR800D2E5K2/4G ram, no problems at all with it when I ran with just this two sticks, then tried with adding one stick of old ram, nothing happens, won't even boot to bios, no sound bips, no picture. Tried with both sticks of new ram and both of old, again nothing. Then, when I tried with just new ram same thing as with all sticks, nothing, removed battery for 5 minutes, put it back and still nothing. At that time I thought, frack, I managed to destroy mobo :D As a precaution i removed power supply cable, bios battery and left it like that for an hour and it finally woke up just couple of minutes ago, what a relief :)

Nothing to add about old ram, it just simply doesn't work on this mobo with this proc so in a few days I'm gonna return it to the shop, I do expect that they will replace it with some other brand, I don't even care if it's the cheapest ram available :)

Oh, never mentioned before, I just love gigabyte hd5570, won't even get warm under heavy heavy load, actually never heard vent, really good job with that one :)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 09:42:40 pm by godheim »