Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte K8100 Aivia Volume Control Error (Bug)

Gigabyte K8100 Aivia Volume Control Error (Bug)
« on: August 07, 2011, 10:03:36 am »
Hello,

I have 13 years experience in software development (ms-dos, java, .net, php, opengl), so I tried to trace down the issues, but with no luck. The touch screen on keyboard works well. There are 6 leds for volume control and all flashes properly. But in volume control in Windows 7 it does nothing. Only the first and the last one. I have to keep the first one touched and it moves like 2 pixels down each 2 seconds - really slow movement. The same goes for the last one, but it goes in opposite direction (up). Other touch buttons do nothing. I thought it will do an absolute movement like the first button 0%, middle 50%, the last one 100%. I had some multimedia keyboards before this one, there were only two buttons for volume control, but the incremental value was bigger. I didn't found any way on how to change the value of increments. I found a software that can map any key to volume control, but it would require to know the key codes of touch buttons and change them, so it would disable the default behavior and set different values in this software application.

The mute button works well on the software side, but there's some bug on the hardware side (keyboard display). I thought that it will flash when the sound is disabled. But it flashes only when I touch the button. So it doesn't represent software's volume state, but it flashes only when my finger is in contact with that button.

At first I installed the ghost software from CD, then I found there's an update 1.01 on your website and upgraded to this version. But I didn't find any change log for this version. This software should control also volume (multimedia) keys, shouldn't it?

I also haven't found any driver for this keyboard, so I guess it uses some generic windows keyboard driver.

It's quite frustrating, because volume control and display takes a large amount of space on this keyboard and is unusable.

In every review for K8100 I've read, there's some problem with volume control. The keyboard has been on the market for some time, I think you should provide some driver. Or should I take some .INF file of USB keyboard driver and map the volume buttons accordingly? I did something like this in Windows 98, I don't know if it's possible in Windows 7.

Volume control shouldn't be so big, if it's not working even on youtube videos. If you say it's one keyboards flaw in other thread, I'd like you to record your video on youtube and show us the volume control in action - both leds and slider movement in volume control panel. Because there's nothing about in in your manual - only where it is positioned, but not how is it working (relative or absolute increments).

Thanks for your time and reply. I'm happy with the keyboard itself, but I don't like that it's not working properly and the support is incomplete.

Re: Gigabyte K8100 Aivia Volume Control Error (Bug)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 10:04:55 am »
BTW: the keyboard is connected to Gigabyte motherboard.

258KM

Re: Gigabyte K8100 Aivia Volume Control Error (Bug)
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 01:50:29 pm »
Hi, im just having the same issue, it's quite frustrating. Any advise?