Official GIGABYTE Forum

booting from adaptec 3405 raid card

booting from adaptec 3405 raid card
« on: August 09, 2011, 03:37:51 am »
ok so i finaly got my  GA-970A-D3 to recognize my adapted 3405 raid card, the details are in this post. http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,6343.0.html

now my problem is that i cant get it to boot from a windows drive while attached to the raid, unless i have my windows install disk in the drive, and i choose for a cd boot.
 windows then tell me "press any key to start the install cd" and if i dont it boots the windows install on the hd attached to the raid card for me, and that allows me to get into windows.
 if i attempt to boot from the raid card which is and option in the bios now that the card is being recognized. i get a "loading operating system ..." and it hangs there forever,i have checked the boot order in the card setup itself and everything is good there. i am just not sure if this is a motherboard issue or the card itself, i have a ticked open with adaptec on the issue but figured i would post here in case there is some bios option i am missing that you guys know of.

thanks for your time

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: booting from adaptec 3405 raid card
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 09:14:44 am »
It m,ight just be worth clearing the CMOS properly as you have been installing/configuring as it may have got corrupted.

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery for at least 30 mins before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB