Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte Motherboards Should Include:

fadsarmy

Gigabyte Motherboards Should Include:
« on: October 04, 2009, 05:01:51 pm »
Hello everyone.

I love Gigabyte boards but I don't know why Gigabyte don't include better fan control. You only have one system fan that can be controlled. All fans should be controlled. The Fan Fail alarm is useless. What happens if you're not at your pc. It should have Fan Fail Shutdown. Also would be nice to have NB and SB voltage sensors and temps.

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: Gigabyte Motherboards Should Include:
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 08:50:02 pm »
Personally I never plug any fan into the motherboard, those fan pins on the motherboard have a habbit of blowing (especially if you're using powerful fans.) You would be better off plugging the fans into a fan controller. If for some reason your cpu fan fails, once the cpu reaches an unsafe temp, it should automatically downclock itself and if it is still too hot it will shut down the system.
In terms of NB and SB volts they can both be set in the BIOS and in regards to to NB and SB temps am pretty sure the gigabyte system monitor software will show the NB temps, not sure about SB though...but ususally the SB doesn't get that hot
There's no place like ::1

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: Gigabyte Motherboards Should Include:
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 12:56:53 pm »
Hi fadsarmy

Thanks for you valuable comments.

(...)The Fan Fail alarm is useless. What happens if you're not at your pc. It should have Fan Fail Shutdown.
If CPU overheats then it just slows down (like oggmonster said) so nothing wrong will happen.
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)