Official GIGABYTE Forum

Computer has problem after hibernate

MisterEd

Computer has problem after hibernate
« on: November 01, 2013, 11:37:38 am »
I have a GA-990FXA-UD3 (rev 1.0) motherboard. I have an APC Back-UPS BR800BK.

Sometimes I like to use the sleep button on my keyboard to put the PC into hibernate. When I press the power button on my PC the computer comes back from hibernate.

After 4 hours the PC automatically goes into hybrid sleep but I do not have any problem with that.

For a few weeks now it has been acting strangely a few times. After the sleep button is pressed it hibernates OK. The UPS is left powered on the whole time the PC is hibernating. Later on when I press the PCs power button nothing happens. I have to power off the UPS and turn it back on to get the PC 's power button to work again.

This has only been an annoyance until yesterday. This time when I had to power off & on the UPS to get the PC to power on the PC showed a message that the BIOS was corrupt and it's backup was being loaded. After that finished I then kept getting strange messages that said to press the next button to continue. After doing this several times and getting the same message I pressed the power button until the PC shut off. When I powered the computer back on it was back to normal as if nothing had happened.

Does anyone know why my computer is acting like this?
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 11:38:12 am by MisterEd »
Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 v1.0 | AMD FX-8350 | Corsair H60 | GSkill RipjawsX (2x4GB) | ASUS GeForce GTX 560 | Windows 7 Ult 64-bit
ASUS M4N82 Deluxe | AMD Phenom II X4 960T | Corsair XMS2 (4x2GB) | PNY GeForce GTS 250 | Windows 7 Home Prem  64-bit