Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA770-UD3 Northbridge Driver Will Not Install

GA-MA770-UD3 Northbridge Driver Will Not Install
« on: October 06, 2009, 05:23:49 am »
Hi everyone, I'm having a horrible problem with Vista x64; it will keep locking up randomly and I have to manually restart it to make it functional again. I've discovered that the northbridge driver will not install. When I install it using the most recent ATI driver installer from the motherboard's page, it will tell me it's successfully installed. However, when I restart the computer and run the installer again it tells me that the northbridge driver is not installed. Is there any way to get it to install correctly? I'm thinking this might be the source of the problem I am having b/c I've checked all of my hardware, installed the latest drivers, and installed the newest bios.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 05:24:21 am by guitardude7 »

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: GA-MA770-UD3 Northbridge Driver Will Not Install
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 09:31:14 am »
Hi there  :)

Is this on a fresh install of windows? Have you tried doing a fresh install of windows?
There's no place like ::1

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 04:12:46 pm »
Yes, this is on a fresh install of windows. I have a fresh install of vista on another hard drive as well and the same thing happens. I'm sure someone else has run into this problem? Does anyone know how to get the northbridge driver installed correctly?

Pottypete

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 07:35:26 pm »

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2009, 10:32:18 pm »
So it seems that the Northbridge driver is pretty important, right? I just need to figure out how to get it installed on Vista x64. Does anyone know how I would go about doing that if the ATI installer can't do it?