Official GIGABYTE Forum

GV-N460OC-1GI - Waterblock

GV-N460OC-1GI - Waterblock
« on: September 04, 2011, 10:32:09 am »
Hi,

I am looking at cooling my SLI GV-N460OC-1GI's, and am looking for a full-cover waterblock. As far as I have fund, this card's layout does not match the reference design, so the blocks currently on the market won't fit. I have been looking at this block in particular:

http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/ek-fc460-gtx-acetal-nickel.html

EK do have a link to a compatibility list, and my card is not listed there - but I am unsure of whether this is because it is incompatible, or it has simply not been added to the list.

Does anyone know for 100% sure that the card does not match the reference design, and or is/isn't compatible with the above block? Failing that, has anyone managed to successfully watercool this card, and if so, how?

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: GV-N460OC-1GI - Waterblock
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 11:50:07 am »
Hi and welcome.

This is the biggest PITA for watercoolers I think. I often have the same problem. If you are serious about watercooling a graphics card with a whole board solution you really need to find a reference board before you start and make sure that even then it has the block available for it. I have been caught out before by what I thought was a reference card only to find that the components on the card were different and so it still wouldn't match the block.

If EK doesn't list it in their compatibility list then there is a good chance that it is not. Also I know that most Gigabyte cards are not reference cards so will not be usable. The only option in that case is to use a GPU only block and then use passive coolers on the RAM etc.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB