Phobya Nano-G14 Silent Waterproof 1000 rpm S7 Fan Review

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« on: August 31, 2011, 03:42:47 pm »

by Dark Mantis

The Phobya Nano-G14 Silent Waterproof 1000 rpm S7 is Phobya's latest offering in the 140mm size group. This size is becoming more

sought after recently as there are more radiators and cases it can fit. It follows the usual packaging with their well known blue and

red "Fear it" boxing. This has a partial plastic screen to see the contents without opening the package. On the rear it has the

specifications and general blurb in three languages, English, German and French.

On opening the carton I found there was the fan, a bag of fixing screws and an extra voltage drop cable. This cable reduces the

supply voltage to the fan from the full 12volts (full speed) down to only 7 volts(just over half speed). The maximum speed from this

fan is 1000 rpm but with the drop down adapter connected it would run at approximately 600 rpm. The power is supplied to the fan via

a standard three pin molex connection. This can be attached to a motherboard fan header or a connection on a dedicated fan

controller.

The fan blades (hub) and the surrounding frame are all made from polycarbonate so it is very strong and light. The hub is a dark red

colour and the frame is piano black which makes it look very expensive. The frame has a clever triple fixing hole mounting in each

corner so it can fit just about any space made for any make of fan.

Once again Phobya has decided to use the nano-technology for the bearing that they have named "Nanoflux". This is a very advanced use

of electro-magnetism to maintain the shaft centrally in the bearing. It also means that it is quiet and there is no oil to worry

about leaking. All the electronics are waterproofed as well just for further safety.

This fan will quietly (25 dB/A) keep your system cool by pushing a massive 58 cfm of air through it. That is very efficient at only

1000 rpm. As I mentioned earlier it will run on anything between 7 and 12 volts and uses only 0.2 Amps so it is not greedy.

I do like this fan, both the main cable and adapter cable have been braided and apart from the fact that it has no LEDs there is little to find fault with and I award it 9/10

Supplier: C and C Central     http://www.candccentral.co.uk/       Price: £10.20

« Last Edit: August 31, 2011, 08:01:37 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB