Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-MA785GM-US2H Start-up Screen SATA problem

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
GA-MA785GM-US2H Start-up Screen SATA problem
« on: October 09, 2009, 09:39:23 pm »
Hi there, just got hold of this mobo and have been having issues with setting the sata drives to run as IDE. I get the message "SATA is found running in IDE mode" and the following message about Press Y to change to AHCI mode or N to continue in IDE mode. When I hit the N key the screen just freezes and the systems hangs.

I can run OK if I reset system defaults and just let the PC  boot without hitting any keys. I Have updated the bios to f5 but still no joy at resolving this issue. Has anyone else encountered it or am I unlucky and have a dodgy board?
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-MA785GM-US2H Start-up Screen SATA problem
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2009, 07:57:21 am »
Just an update on this issue.

Have now been running this board for a week and, this morning, the problem cleared itself!!!  ???

Not sure what, how or why but hey, it's a computer and I have learnt to expect the unexpected!
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: GA-MA785GM-US2H Start-up Screen SATA problem
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 10:16:59 am »
Strange could of been a problem with one of your HDDs? Also if you're using vista/win7 you should be able to run them in AHCI with no problems.
There's no place like ::1