Official GIGABYTE Forum

Bios updates (beta) and lack of release notes and rebate anger...

TAdams

Hello,

I am really surprised and let down by the lack of any notes whatsoever for many of the beta bios releases. If no indication is provided as to what the bios changes are, users will be in the dark. It is not very professional, if you want the end user testing it, give some info on what it is that is being tested so that we know where to look/or not look.

Also, how do we know what the current bios for the on chip controllers are? Currently the Marvell chip on the G1. Sniper is reported as 1.0.0.0017 and I am assuming the the MOBO bios updates would include bios updates for the controller as I see no individual downloads for controller bios updates. I find it nearly impossible that Marvell could release a chip that was not in need of some fixing...

@Bios, I was previously using Bios version 4fb and running @bios to automatically search and update the bios prompted me to flash with Bios F3... Not very intuitive unless you count backwards :P

Also, your rebate claim system is s***ty.

Date  Status  Comments  
11/27/2011 4:56:51 AM  Claim Created  
11/27/2011 4:59:03 AM  Claim Completed, Awaiting Receipt of Documentation  View Original Rebate Form
12/21/2011 3:23:06 PM  Documentation Received  View Documentation  
12/26/2011 8:32:17 PM  Claim was Approved  
3/5/2012 5:55:32 PM  Reward Card processing  

3 Months and I have yet to see a rebate. >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 11:14:11 am by TAdams »

MiiCK

• I LOVE MY PC! :D
Re: Bios updates (beta) and lack of release notes and rebate anger...
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2012, 11:10:28 pm »
I agree that sometimes beta updates aren't fully updated and are just updated with a few little notes.

With regards to the rebate, I've done many of these in the past and rebate's are never fast, it's just like getting cashback online (Quidco, TopCashBack etc), it usually takes quite a while in my past experience, especially from abroad (Done rebates for items purchased from American companies before)

Nothing to be angry about, it's free money coming back to you, you should be thankful that they released a rebate and it's been accepted, you've not factored in Christmas + New Year, and the fact that there would have been many incentives from Gigabyte to buy their products in the festive period, therefore i'm sure there's thousands of claims still not fulfilled, though you will definitely get the money.

Regards, MiiCK.
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
Intel Core i7 2600k @ 3.4ghz
Corsair 8GB 1600Mhz
EVGA 1GB 550ti
Corsair TX850
2TB WD20EARX
Zalman Z9 Plus
ViewSonic 23" Full HD 1080p
Astro A40 Wireless System
Windows 7 Home Premium x64

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Bios updates (beta) and lack of release notes and rebate anger...
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 10:46:17 am »
Again I would have to agree with the comments from both posters regarding the lack of information with BIOS update files. A lot of companies are rather lax on this aspect but Gigabyte does take it to the extreme. Some release notes would be useful to say the least.

Regarding the money that you are waiting for that is in the form of a rebate then I think you are extremely lucky anyway. In the UK we don't get these sort of offers and as well as having to pay over the top for all our hardware we don't get the chance to save a bit by getting any sort of rebate offer! I would be happy to get some money back even if I had to wait six months! :'(
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB