Official GIGABYTE Forum

Overclocking GA-A75-D3H with AMD A8 3850 CPU

keisan

Overclocking GA-A75-D3H with AMD A8 3850 CPU
« on: September 16, 2011, 03:47:05 am »
Hi I am having trouble getting this motherboard to overclock with an AMD A8 3850 CPU. Whatever settings I change in the BIOS to overclock, it will just bootup with a warning saying overclock issue and will revert back to old settings.

Anyone has tried overclocking this motherboard? what settings did you use to get stable overclock?

I'm using 2 x 4GB DDR3 1600Mhz ram.

I've tried increasing the bus frequency from 100 to 113 and rest is auto and still get that warning.

Help from a fellow user with this motherboard is appreciated.
BIOS is at F2 version.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Overclocking GA-A75-D3H with AMD A8 3850 CPU
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2011, 08:16:37 am »
Hi there,

sorry I don't know the answer but another member has posted a similar question (different modtherboard) here: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,6722.0.html that you might like to check out.

Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

keisan

Re: Overclocking GA-A75-D3H with AMD A8 3850 CPU
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 12:58:17 pm »
I have read the article in the link, doesn't help much with overclocking. Tried similar settings and still fail.
I don't know how these reviewers are able to overclock on this motherboard, as I try the same settings they overclock at and still no go.
Tried increasing the frequency, downing the multiplier, increase the CPU voltage and still unable to run overclock.