Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-870A-USB3 v3.1 vry long beep

Re: GA-870A-USB3 v3.1 vry long beep
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, 11:32:22 pm »
well finally solve the problem, incredible is the processor, first time ever i got problems with processor, strange error, the board still beeps loong one, but have a processor problem, tested all parts with a phenom x3 and it worked nice, my PII x4 965 is the problem, i was looking if i accidentally dmg it, but the processor looks ok.

damn, got all shorts of problems with pcs, but first time i see this kind of problem.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, 07:10:20 am »
Hi again,

yes it is unusual to have a CPU go wrong but if you were running your RAM at 1600MHz at all, you could have damaged the Memory Controller, especially if you can't see any damaged pins.

A bit late now but have you read the sticky posted here?: http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,2515.0.html If you think this may be the problem with your CPU then try and arrange for an RMA direct with AMD so they can test it properly.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2011, 05:15:54 pm »
no this processor was not being used, was on the box, i used like 1 week with no overclock and put it back on the box.