Official GIGABYTE Forum

RMA email replies (USA)

RMA email replies (USA)
« on: September 24, 2011, 01:16:35 pm »
So i sent in a faulty board and got an email that they had received it. A week later I get an email saying they have tested it and are returning it.
"Dear Valued Customer,

We appreciate you being patient with us.

We have finished testing your GIGABYTE product(s) and it is (they are) being returned back to you.
"

Was it fixed? what was wrong with it? Nothing and I am getting my same broken board back?
How do I find out this info. I will be seriously disappointed if the same board is being sent back. I spent 2 days trouble shooting it and narrowing it down to the board and now have been without a computer for almost a month. I looked all over the site for a place to punch in the RMA# to get some sort of status on it and found nothing.
Any info any direction would be great.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:13:14 am by runn3R »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: RMA email replies
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2011, 01:25:53 pm »
Hi there,

to check on the status of an existing support ticket click here: http://ggts.gigabyte.com/ and enter your e-mail address, you don't need a password. It took me a while to discover this myself.  :P

Sadly, Gigabyte are not very good when it comes to informing customer's as to what the problem, if any, is when they return hardware. The only thing I can suggest is that you reply and ask them to tell you what was wrong. This might take a few e-mails before you actually pin it down.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2011, 01:29:15 pm by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2011, 01:31:13 pm »
Thanks but this seems to be for a ticket for previous questions toward tech support? Not directly for RMA. Shows no open tickets...

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2011, 01:34:27 pm »
Then all you can do is reply to the e-mail they sent and ask them what they have done.

Sorry to say, but sometimes, getting decent answers can be like getting blood from a stone and it isn't always helped by bad translation into English.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2011, 01:41:47 pm »
ya replying to email didnt work. was kicked back to me.

Re: RMA email replies (USA)
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2011, 08:28:33 pm »
So I emailed services@gigabyte-usa.com and got some answers. same board is being sent back it was something with my socket. They actually got back to me rather quickly.  about 6hrs through email which is pretty decent.  Just hope this was the problem.

Thanks guys :)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 10:13:45 am by runn3R »

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 01:22:20 pm »
Hmm I noticed you placed (USA) int he subject line. Feeling out of place i went looking and there doesn't seem to be a US forum lol. UK and netherlands I think it was are the only english speaking.

Anyway so it turns out it wasn't the board. I dont know what they fixed on the socket but issue still exists. come to find out its a loose green wire on the 20+4 pin power connector from the PSU and a short in the USB port on the front panel of the case. Only took another 30 hrs of trouble shooting and about 6 pepsi to figure this out. 2 issues both randomly happening result in me chasing all over the place for an issue that wont sit still lol.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 07:32:38 pm »
Hi

For your information in future the USofA has a forum that covers Gigabyte as well as other makes called TweakTown. They are the sort of "official" Gigabyte forum over there.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB