Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-73PVM-S2H

fadsarmy

GA-73PVM-S2H
« on: October 13, 2009, 01:07:36 pm »
Hello. The manual says that System Fan speed can  be controlled in easytune 5, but there is only an option  to control cpu fan speed?

RuiPereira

• Who goes there?
Re: GA-73PVM-S2H
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2009, 06:44:03 pm »
This is what I noticed/read on the manual:

CPU Smart FAN Mode
Specifies how to control CPU fan speed. This item is configurable only if CPU Smart FAN Control is set to Enabled.
-- Auto Lets BIOS autodetect the type of CPU fan installed and sets the optimal CPU fan control mode. (Default)
-- Voltage Sets Voltage mode for a 3-pin CPU fan.
-- PWM Sets PWM mode for a 4-pin CPU fan.

System Smart FAN Control
Enables or disables the system fan speed control function. Enabled allows the system fan to run
at different speed according to the system temperature. You can adjust the fan speed with EasyTune
based on system requirements. If disabled, system fan runs at full speed. (Default: Enabled)

Make sure the CPU Smart FAN Control on the BIOS is enabled

BLT

Re: GA-73PVM-S2H
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2009, 04:30:48 pm »
Hi,
Do you know if CPU Smart Fan Mode is on the GA-EP43 motherboards is enabled, or even on them, as i just built a system with one and the CPU fan flickers on and shuts off when i boot it up. If smart fan mode is enabled would this mean the fan doesn't kick in until it's needed when the CPU heats up? And if there is no smart fan mode does this imply that the CPU fan is busted? So far i haven't dared go to far incase the CPU just melts.

Thanks for any help,
BLT

Beekeeper

Re: GA-73PVM-S2H and CPU Smart Fan Mode
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 04:23:16 pm »
Hi BLT

CPU should not melt as it has automatic slow-down or even shutdown in case of overheat, so don't worry.
smart fan can even work like in your case, i had met this before that fan started after 15 minutes of work with low speed.
“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.”