Official GIGABYTE Forum

990X UD3 eSATA and Black PCB?

990X UD3 eSATA and Black PCB?
« on: October 05, 2011, 06:39:14 pm »
Hello guys!

Recently, GB has released a new version of the 990FXA-UD3 with the old-style Dual Firewire + Power eSATA I / O block (yellow ports). Remember that thing on the X58-UD3? A(ctually, GB is the only vendor nowadays that ships boards with the mini-Firewire port as far as I know.) Point is, I immediately looked at the 990XA-UD3, as I'm more interested in the 990X chipset - no SLI is planned, hoping to find a similar addition to that board, only to find the old 1.0 revision. So, do you know if there's any revision planned for the 990XA-UD3 that will have Power eSATA and Firewire (eSATA is the most sought-after feaure, you can easily buy a FireWire PCI-E controller, but not a Power eSATA bracket, ufortunately)?

Also, I would like to see a black PCB board for the 990X chipset. Is this planned?

Currently, I see that only the ASUS M5A99 EVO has these features. But as I hate UEFI BIOS, I'd like to get a Gigabyte board instead. Unfortunately, the 990XA-UD3 is very expensive and still lacks these essential features.