Official GIGABYTE Forum

Re: GA-990FXA-UDX Latest Bios Warning

P3Hi

« on: October 08, 2011, 02:03:18 pm »
I registered here couse of that error to!

I just got 990XA-UD3 + 1090T + Corsair 8GB Kit.

I noticed problems if i put memory on 1600MHz.. It just stuck on Loading operating system.. It was bios F3..

Today I went to official driver page and downloaded F9a version and i flashed it with @BIOS utility from Win7x64... Restared PC went to bios and set memory to 1600MHz... It stuck at loading operating system... I read notice to not flash to beta version BUT GIGABYTE DID NOT SAY THAT LETTER a IS BETA.. What a retards.. How could i know?

I loaded default values.. Nothing.. Erased with onboard jumper nothing.. My system wont boot from cd, dis, usb.. It is crap now..

If i try to use Q-Flash it says BIOS ID CHECK ERROR on every single version downloaded from support page.. Cant flash F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8 and even F9a don't work!.. The most funny is that i can save current bios (F9a) to usb and for that one it says ok and i can reflash..

Guy please help me out. How i revert it to F3 if Q-Flash wont let me? Does Gigabyte has any opton like Asus where I could put cd into cdrom and it reflashed to default bios from cd...

I am so angry that i went from ASUS to Gigabyte :( God damn it!

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 02:12:26 pm »
I registered here couse of that error to!

I just got 990XA-UD3 + 1090T + Corsair 8GB Kit.

I noticed problems if i put memory on 1600MHz.. It just stuck on Loading operating system.. It was bios F3..

Today I went to official driver page and downloaded F9a version and i flashed it with @BIOS utility from Win7x64... Restared PC went to bios and set memory to 1600MHz... It stuck at loading operating system... I read notice to not flash to beta version BUT GIGABYTE DID NOT SAY THAT LETTER a IS BETA.. What a retards.. How could i know?

I loaded default values.. Nothing.. Erased with onboard jumper nothing.. My system wont boot from cd, dis, usb.. It is crap now..

If i try to use Q-Flash it says BIOS ID CHECK ERROR on every single version downloaded from support page.. Cant flash F2, F3, F4, F5, F6, F7, F8 and even F9a don't work!.. The most funny is that i can save current bios (F9a) to usb and for that one it says ok and i can reflash..

Guy please help me out. How i revert it to F3 if Q-Flash wont let me? Does Gigabyte has any opton like Asus where I could put cd into cdrom and it reflashed to default bios from cd...

I am so angry that i went from ASUS to Gigabyte :( God damn it!

Hi and welcome.

Did you try and use the @BIOS program to run the update ? If so that is probably where you went wrong. You needed to use the QFlash utility and make sure that you disable the option to Keep DMI Data when you do it. Also you shouldn't do such a big jump all at once, if you are going to update from F3 to F8 say always do it in a couple of stages at least.

Anyway on to your immediate problem.

The next thing to try is to clear the CMOS.

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery for at least one hour before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.

Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

P3Hi

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 02:14:53 pm »
Wil reply to another thread if ok [http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,7011.0.html cos that if for other board..
« Last Edit: October 08, 2011, 02:20:24 pm by P3Hi »

josem

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2011, 09:05:11 pm »
Had a similar problem. I'm using a 1100T X6 processor. My 990XA-UD3 mobo was delivered with an unstable bios - not able to save any changes, as it would crash. Solved it installing bios version 9a only to find out that it would freeze later,  in the "Loading operating system" message. Downgraded bios to version 8 and all seems fine now. Win 7 - 64 bit is running smoothly.

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 07:40:33 am »
The freezing on the "Loading Operating System" is usually cured by either clearing the CMOS first or making sure that the correct hard drive is selected in the boot menu priority list.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 11:07:32 am »
Regarding anyone who suggests clearing the CMOS and making sure the correct drive is set for booting........
I have tried having my default hard drive(native IDE)as first device, and have cleared CMOS.....still does not solve it.

F5A will not let the computer boot at all.
It sticks at loading Operating system.
Reverted back to F3...........no problems.
Always have used Qflash, never done it any other way.

« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 06:41:28 pm »
Yes this is a BIG issue, first of all if the hard drive was not properly assigned the motherboard would give back an error such as No Operating System found.
This is not the case for us that know what we are doing. All of the hardware is being seen by the mobo and even the hds are letting the board know there is an OS hence why it attemps to  "Loading Operating System" which is what it always does sense day 1 bios... This isnt a User Error, its simply the hardware or more specifically the BIOS ONLY cause all previous to F5A work absolutely FINE!
I have talked to Gigabyte many many many times they simply cannot find the issue/replicate it! This is so dumb, just freaking make another bios ie. F5B now before bulldozer arrives as soon as tomorrow for those willing to ship.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 06:05:57 am »
Wow this website is painful, took 2 hours to change my password, my first post didn't appear.

I have the "loading operating system error" on GA-990FXA-UD3. Currently waiting for the CMOS to clear, but don't expect that that will fix anything.

Qflash won't detect my USB stick, it's formatted with FAT32, USB Legacy is enabled in BIOS, system won't boot from DVD despite the DVD drive showing up. Any help appreciated...
MOB:Gigabyte GA-MA 790FX-DS5
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955BE (stock)
HSF: Noctua NH-C12P HSF
RAM: 2x 2GB Corsair XMS23 DDR2 800 5-5-5-18 (stock)
PSU: Corsair HX850W single rail
CASE: CM Storm Sniper Black Mesh
GPU: HIS 4890 Turbo HD4890 1 GB 900 / 1000 (stock)
HDD: WD Raptor SATA II 74 GB (OS