Official GIGABYTE Forum

remove POST screen

remove POST screen
« on: October 29, 2011, 09:31:20 pm »
Hellow. I am trying to make my pc boot faster. I already did everything possible from within windows 7 an i am satisfied with the obtained time. (best is 37.48 sec).  But...there are 14 second from the time I press the start button...and the time Wndows start to boot. So...the POST screen is taking a lot of my time.
I have this motherboard http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=2644&dl=1#bios
I searched the bios, but i did not found nothing like "quick boot" or "power on self test". Is there another options in BIOS from where i can remove, or hide the POST screen?
If i update my BIOS to F5J version (i currently have F1), would i have some options to remove the post screen?

BTW...english is not my first language, so please ignore any mistakes i made :D

Re: remove POST screen
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 01:39:37 am »
best way i found to make my PC boot faster is to buy a SSD Hard Drive.
Better to Burn out than Fade away

Gigabyte GA-870A-USB3L with F5g BIOS
Phenom II X4 965 OC @ 3.8 GHz
120gb OCZ Vertex 460, 120GB Kingston SV200, 2 x 1TB WD Drive,
2 x SK Hynix 2 GB DDR3-1333
Asus HD 7850 DirectCU II V2 2GB
LG 34UM65-P Ultrawide
OCZ 750 Watt PSU
Windows 8.1 64bit

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 06:09:40 am »
best way i found to make my PC boot faster is to buy a SSD Hard Drive.

I thought at that, but unfortunately the ssd s  are expensive. With the price of an 60GB ssd i could buy a new motherboard, processor and ram.
Anyway, thanks for the reply.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 07:36:51 am »
Hi there,

I'm sorry to say that there is no quick BOOT option on AMD boards and unless you are talking about disabling the Full Logo Splash Screen (which I'm not sure your motherboard has) then there is no way to disable any of the POST screens.

If your motherboard does have the Full Screen Logo displayed during POST then you can usually disable this in BIOS but it doesn't really speed anything up by doing so, it just lets you see what is happening during POST.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 11:05:35 am »
Nope, no screen logo.
I rushed and updated my bios  before i saw your reply. Only thing different at my new bios is a virtualization option. I'm not eve sure what virtualization does.

I'm thinking about buying a new motherboard. It's time to change this one.
Could anyone give me some links to a fast boot motherboard? Something low end.

P.S. I also want to switch to ddr3, so the motherboard needs to have ddr3 slots.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:09:44 am by armguren »