Official GIGABYTE Forum

M68M-S2P very slow POSTing

wyerd

M68M-S2P very slow POSTing
« on: November 04, 2011, 10:31:02 pm »
Hi,

I purchased this board a few days ago and have found it very slow at the POSTing stage. From where it shows the motherboard name & BIOS version to the Memory OK & size takes 50 seconds. Is this due to it checking the 4 gig of memory installed? My previous Gigabyte board was as lot quicker, but I seem to remember that there was the option for "Quick boot" setting in the BIOS, which I can't find for the new board.

Can I speed it up somehow?

Thanks.

EDIT Forgot to mention this is the FC BIOS
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 10:39:53 pm by wyerd »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: M68M-S2P very slow POSTing
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 06:41:54 am »
Hi wyerd,

I don't have this motherboard so I can't say if the time being taken is usual for it but I have to say that it does seem to be extremely long from my experience with other Gigabyte motherboards.

It would help if you could post back with your full system spec's as delays of this nature, during POST can often be caused by other installed components and knowing what hardware you are using might give an indication as to whether or not this is the case.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

wyerd

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 08:31:26 am »
Thanks for your reply. Hardware spec as follows:-

nVidia GeForce 9500 GT 1GB
2x2GB Crucial XMS DDR2
AMD Phenom 9750 x4
WD5000AAVS
Pioneer DVR 215 SATA

Hope that helps - thanks.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 08:41:55 am »
Looking at your basic spec's I can't see anything that would be causing a problem.

As you aren't using a Floppy Drive you might like to try disabling that feature in BIOS , as sometimes this can help. You do this under the BIOS heading of Standard CMOS Features. Set Drive A to None save the setting by pressing the F10 key and see if that helps at all.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

wyerd

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 09:38:28 am »
No floppy drive and I've already set it to none in the BIOS.

It's very strange.........