Official GIGABYTE Forum

advice before purchase(to of Gigabyte GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1024MB OC GV-N560OC-1GI

REMA1

Hello as the title says...Are the problems with this as bad as they say??
Will run BF3 but am I right in thinking a Bios flash solves problem with the card?

Also is the card quiet? and how are the temps...my alternative choice is an
EVGA GeForce GTX 560Ti 1024MB DS SOC (higher frequency at 4214 Mhz..make any difference in real game play?????)
but I believe this to be noisy about 60% fan speed and runs warmer ....

NOTE : I am in sweden..should the card need to be RMA'd (I know that the first port of call is the retailer...but then that depends on the retailers knowledge and expertise at duplicating errors)
where would it be RMA'd to and who pays for shipping
??
Thanks for the advice...it's appreciated :)
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 11:45:39 am by REMA1 »

teknology9

Windows 10 Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 2666
Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 D6 Gaming X 4G
i5- 10400
Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 250GB
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB
PC building.........it's no fun if it's easy!!!

REMA1

Teknology9...thanks for the link ..I saw it earlier...It just says to contact the retailer....BUT dealing with retailers can be a hit and miss affair......

Here in sweden I've learned very quickly it depends who you get to talk to...unfortunately the info is unreliable ...just the othe rday I saw this offer that includes two games but only said one game on the link...when the purcahse was put in the basket it showed 2 games. Rang customer service who said that offer was no longer on.

I rang back Mondy to double check. Th guy checked my saved basket and said yes that's right you get both games.

Don't know what it is like in good old bithy these days but over here customer service is somewhat lacking...another case is a mobile phone that the Customer service manager is giving me free insurance cover on because both the web-site and staff were incompetant,

SO Dealing with you guys/ directly with the manufacturer is sometimes a MUST....don't get me wrong when you get the person who seems to carry everyone else...they are excellent.

teknology9

Hi,

Well what I do is enquire at various stores whether it means actually going into the store and / or reading about  customers experiences when they have purchased, though some of these need to be taken with a pinch of salt so to speak. Also, learn from experience and I never spend my £'s there again. So, I don't know where you are situated in Sweden but are there any stores which on the whole provide a good aftersales service? If there are I would be inclined to shop there.

The Moderators and Hero Members on this forum help out voluntarily and are not employed by Gigabyte, but there is Admin who is and that is runn3R. He maybe able to provide you with the information you require, so why not send him a PM and explain what your situation is.

I hope this helps

Teknology9
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 01:56:34 pm by runn3R »
Windows 10 Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 2666
Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO
i5- 10400
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB

REMA1

thanks again...no I am in the biggest toen in the county and there are like two physical retailers...both carry very litte Pc stuff and waht they have is dear.
I may PM him thanks for the advice.

Does anyone have any comments on the card? I.ve read from "what a pile of ####" type comment to Great card . These are often old comments and things are often fixed along the way...
1. still problems in BF3 or other games (guess BF3 will get sorted with patches)
2. Is card quiet? Running Gtx 260 factory OC just now
3. What are temps like ??

thx's

teknology9

Hi REMA1,

Unfortunately this forum is aimed at Gigabyte users in the UK, so I am not aware of the equivalent in Sweden but maybe contacting technical support in Sweden they may help you.

As for your other questions, yes reviews vary and we have to take the plunge sometimes, but sources like Tom's Hardware, who have a forum, can be reliable.

I have a ATi GPU which is good and Dark Mantis has a 6970 on his Intel platform, just thought I would mention these merely as options......but don't rush into buying until your absolutely sure....but you know that.

UPDATE

REMA1 contact Technical support in Sweden using the link below and ask them the same questions

http://ggts.gigabyte.com/tech.asp?ClassID=3&Country=Sweden&SourceWeb=B2C

Teknology9
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 02:13:31 pm by teknology9 »
Windows 10 Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 2666
Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO
i5- 10400
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB