Official GIGABYTE Forum

990FXA-UD3 (F4) raid0 issue

sonaps

990FXA-UD3 (F4) raid0 issue
« on: November 16, 2011, 07:35:04 am »
Hello all!

I have an issue with my brand new build. I was trying to use my two WD 500 sata3 in a raid 0 array. The raid array was easily created and recognized by the bios. My problem came when trying to then install the operating system win7 x64. I booted from dvd and the normal set up process began. After hitting "install now" the system takes me straight to "you are missing the correct driver. Insert cd/dvd/usb/floppy with the correct driver to load". The motherboard cd doesn't work or doesn't have the driver. So I went to gigabyte to download the drivers for raid for my motherboard. I loaded up the drivers on my usb stick and windows still said that the driver was not there or not correct.

any ideas ?

Thanx

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: 990FXA-UD3 (F4) raid0 issue
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 08:07:37 am »
Hi,

when installing Windows 7 and it gets to the "Missing Driver" stage you need to navigate to the correct driver which for the 64bit OS is inside the RAID_w7 folder then inside that, the subfolder called W764A.

I have struggled with this myself and I think it is made even more confusing as the actual RAID driver is labelled as "ahcix64s".

EDIT: Removed your duplicate post in the other thread to keep things tidy - absic
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:08:38 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.