Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-870A-UD3 (rev2.1) + AMD Phenom II X4 975 bios support question

Hello everyone.
I want to built a new system with the said motherboard and cpu  , but I have a question.
Since in the cpu support list it says that  975 is supported since bios F4 , will I be able to bootup with this cpu and then update the bios ,or will I have to boot with another cpu first?
Any help is welcomed. The M/B was chosen because I need the Ide and floppy controllers and the rev2.1 is the only one available were I live. If anyone has a better suggestion that has the controllers , please let me know
My rig : Case Antec P182 , mobo Gigabyte P55A-UD3 , Cpu i7 860, Cpu cooler Megahalems  rev.2 , Ram ??? , VGA Sapphire 5770 vapor-x 1GB , Hdd : 2x vertex turbo 80 GB raid-0 , 3x  WD green 1,5 TB

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-870A-UD3 (rev2.1) + AMD Phenom II X4 975 bios support question
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 08:22:09 pm »
Since in the cpu support list it says that  975 is supported since bios F4 , will I be able to bootup with this cpu and then update the bios ,or will I have to boot with another cpu first?

This all depends on how long the retailer has had the motherboard on the shelf. If you try the Phenom 975 and the system doesn't start then you will probably need the latest BIOS and as you have guessed you will need another CPU supported by the earliest BIOS to update it. If you haven't got the motherboard yet, you could ask the retailer to flash the BIOS to the latest version for you before they send it. They may make a charge for doing this but it is a cheaper and easier option if you can get them to do it for you.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.