Official GIGABYTE Forum

How to send a motherboard away for replacement/fixing?

How to send a motherboard away for replacement/fixing?
« on: November 16, 2011, 10:14:47 am »
Hello i need to know how to send off a motherboard for replacement/fixing theres a problem with 2 of the ram slots which i need to use.
ive sent enquiries about this using GIGABYTEs global technical service but i sent those 3 days a go and they still havent been processed.
I live in ireland and have the box the motherboard came in if that helps

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: How to send a motherboard away for replacement/fixing?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2011, 10:22:27 am »
Hi there,

the usual practice is to return the faulty item through an RMA with the place of purchase.

If any problems with above then you need to deal directly with Gigabyte and it might be a good idea if you send them an e-mail here: returns@gbt-tech.co.uk (This e-mail address is for UK and Ireland users only). If you contact Tech Support it will often take quite a bit longer to get a reply and experience from other users show this to be between 5 - 10 days, depending on Gigabyte's workload at the time of the request.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:33:31 am by runn3R »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2011, 12:38:05 pm »
Hi there,

the usual practice is to return the faulty item through an RMA with the place of purchase.

If any problems with above then you need to deal directly with Gigabyte and it might be a good idea if you send them an e-mail here: returns@gbt-tech.co.uk (This e-mail address is for UK and Ireland users only). If you contact Tech Support it will often take quite a bit longer to get a reply and experience from other users show this to be between 5 - 10 days, depending on Gigabyte's workload at the time of the request.
thanks i got an rma from where i bought it and will send it back soon they said theyll replace it so i have no need to contact gigabyte now
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 11:36:22 am by runn3R »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2011, 12:43:40 pm »
That's great news and don't foget to let us know how everything goes.  :D
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

TheFiend

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 09:44:14 am »
I recently had a 3 month old Mobo fail on me - burn marks on the ATX12V connector - looks like the damage was caused by a short circuit.

I bought it off Aria who were not very helpful at all, so contacted GigabyteUK who were very quick in replying, so have RMA'ed the board to Gigabyte directly. The board is now currently in the hands of gbt-tech.

So it is possible to RMA a board to Gigabyte in the first year.

teknology9

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2011, 11:07:20 am »
Hi,

Well that's what you call service and also the difference between repeat sales.......well done Gigabyte.....and no they haven't paid me to say that!!! ;)

Teknology9
Windows 10 Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 2666
Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 D6 Gaming X 4G
i5- 10400
Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 250GB
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB
PC building.........it's no fun if it's easy!!!

TheFiend

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2011, 12:34:12 pm »
It was the attitude of the CS rep at Aria that made me think about contacting Gigabyte direct. Had no response of email inquiry so phoned them up.As soon as I said the ATX12V socket had suffered damage he immediately said PSU was to blame and said he very much doubted it would be covered by warranty.

Emailed Gigabyte about the damage and got a reply within minutes. I know Gigabyte will test the mobo properly and will repair it, if necessary. The visible damage was just the socket itself.

Aria is now off my list of companies to buy from.

teknology9

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2011, 12:50:50 pm »
Hi,

Good customer service goes a long way....and word of mouth can result in the customer returning to that store / brand or going elsewhere. I chose a Gigabyte MB because of the Dual BIOS...and to hear the service that you have recieved underlines that I have made the right choice.....and may it continue.

Teknology9
Windows 10 Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 2666
Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 D6 Gaming X 4G
i5- 10400
Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 250GB
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB
PC building.........it's no fun if it's easy!!!

TheFiend

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2011, 03:32:40 pm »
Have had a card through the letterbox this today from City-Link.... it's a package from gbt-tech....

Will have to pick it up from the depot.

I only sent it off on Tuesday!!!!

Emailed the RMA dept about the fault... The reply was

"Item was found to be faulty on test, a component needed to be changed, after the repair, item tested again and was found to be fault free. Details below"

They have replaced the ATX12V socket and it has been fully tested and no other damage found.  :)

Well done Gigabyte, excellent customer service.

To be safe I have decided to replace the PSU in that system with an OCZ 600W

TheFiend

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2011, 11:39:24 pm »
Have picked it up from the couriers...

Well done Gigabyte.... socket has been replaced and you can't even tell it's been re-soldered!!!

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, 03:44:51 am »
He friends,  ;)

I have a GA-P35-DQ6 since August 2007.

I did make an RMA from the store. Gigabyte was accepted.
In 2009, I had a replacement of my motherboard (as seller).

To me it was a suberbe cleaning and repair-change a chips bios.
Certainly, all is well since then for the motherboard.

So I go, I also continue to trust the motherboard from Gigabyte.

Gloup_Gloup
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 03:48:14 am by Gloup_Gloup »