Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte G1 Sniper installation question

zakman

Gigabyte G1 Sniper installation question
« on: November 23, 2011, 08:42:43 pm »
Hi everyone,

I just bought a G1 Sniper as an upgrade for my system (it's replacing a ASUS P6T Deluxe v2) and as I was installing it, I noticed that it appears to have one more hole for a mounting screw than I have risers in the case (in other words, ten mounting holes, where the ASUS board only had nine.)

Do I need to put a riser & mounting screw in this extra hole, or can I get away without it? It's placed a couple inches up from the lower left corner - almost under where my video card will sit. I don't see the card placing that much stress on the board - it'll be supported by the two screws on the outside of the case - but after reading through some of the other threads about problems caused by improper installation of standoffs, I'm a little hesitant to continue without it.  Any advice would be appreciated!

Gloup_Gloup

• Let us sweet between members, on the forum.
Re: Gigabyte G1 Sniper installation question
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 04:11:14 am »
Hi zakman,  ;)

Maybe you have a possibility to add a plastic screw (or metal screw), if you have this hole screw:

The motherboard will at least be stable.
She will not have tendency to fall, when you put the graphics card.

Otherwise, I put a pieces of (styrofoam) polystyrene food tray isolated, for help keep stable.

Normaly a shop have possibility to give few screw... free cost.

The most important thing is to have no metal contact between the motherboard and the bottom of the case.

Me I use a red washer or white plastic washer under (back side) and front side on the motherboard. This is my personal decision.

Gloup_Gloup
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:27:23 am by Gloup_Gloup »