Official GIGABYTE Forum

Windows 7

kennyg

Windows 7
« on: October 26, 2009, 07:00:21 pm »
I have installed the EP43-UD3L motherboard and the GV-R455D3-5121 graphics card on a new build.
I know that thes are compatable to Vista but can I instal Windows 7 instead as my os.  If so what do I do about the driver disks supplied as they say they are compatable with vista. There is no mention of Windows 7.

R_N_B

Re: Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 07:53:03 pm »
Relax mate - you can install Windows 7 no problem.

The operating system will install all the needed drives to get started no problem. I would suggest that you do have windows update enabled as that will ensure that any drivers that might be needed will be sourced via windows update. The only driver that you might want to install would be the latest graphic card driver applicable to your card as windows update is normally a week or two out of date with respect to graphic card drives. So don't stress it will go quite smoothly I am sure.

Re: Windows 7
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2009, 01:14:42 am »
It'll work but you may get better performance installing additional current drivers. Don't forget the Intel chipset INF update you can get from Intel and you download the latest HD Audio driver from realtek and grab the lan driver from Gigabyte's web site under your motherboard and version.

I'm running Win 7x64 on a P35 which dropped a spanned volume awaking from sleep.. the chipset inf resolved that. With my x58 I was getting 60MB/s transfer rates Raid 0 to Raid 0 on the Intel Raid controller, after INF update 150MB/s