Official GIGABYTE Forum

GA-990FXA-UD5 wont boot in normal mode...

MH32U

GA-990FXA-UD5 wont boot in normal mode...
« on: December 10, 2011, 05:39:03 pm »
Looking for some assistance;

I just put togeteher my dream system!  Unfortunately, as I was loading the drivers for the video card (Gigabyte GV-N550OC-1GI), the display stopped working.  When my stsem restarted after the driver installation, the screen worn't show anything after the windows 7 start screen (little balls in the middle of the screen).  When I boot into safe mode I can get past the boot up and into the OS.  Any ideas what might be wrong?  My setup is as follows:

MOBO: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5
CPU: AMD FX 6100 (running stock, no overclock)
PSU: Cooler Master Gold Pro Gold 800W
Memory: Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 Vengance16GB PC12800 DDR3 RAM
Video: Gigabyte GV-N550OC-1Gi  GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Cooling: Corsair H100 CPU cooler
Case: Cooler Master HAF X
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:04:45 am by absic »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: GA-990FXA-UD5 wont boot in normal mode...
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 07:04:31 am »
Hi there,

a couple of things I would check:
Which BIOS version are you running? I would suggest running the latest F7g if you are not already doing so.
What HDD, SSD and or DVD/Drives are you using? Check that firmware is up to date and that connections are properly made.
Are you running in AHCI or IDE Mode also which ports are your internal drives attached to?

Moderator Note: Changed Topic Heading as I think this title is more appropriate.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 07:05:55 am by absic »
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

klh591

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 07:21:58 pm »
From YOURr description the problem is with the video  drivers installation.  Either the drivers did not install properly or there is
a conflict with the drivers and something else in Windows.

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 03:48:15 am »
is your UD5 like my UD3, in the way that when you first get into the bios,  it's set to some very low memory speed?  it's like defaulted to some low memory speed?     So you probably went in there and set it to manual so you could set it to the correct speed?   Well i was playing around with different settings and it automatically assumes you're trying to OC but i just set it to the SPD settings that you can see there in manual memory setup mode.  Now it boots fine.   But if i set it to a slightly higher speed, i noticed it tends to freeze right there after the windows logo is like pulsing.    There's articles on OC'ing that tell you just that, if you're OC'd and freeze there, you either need to boost voltage (at your own risk) or reset it lower.   Anyways, not sure if that's your problem, doesn't sound like it since you just built it, but i thought i'd throw that out there LOL.   I've never seen an Nvidia card freeze up the windows screen at the beginning from driver loading, and believe me.. i loaded a lot trying to get BF3 running well LOL.   You are using the PCIex16 slot right?