Official GIGABYTE Forum

How to create a raid 5 (with 5 disks) on a 990FXA-UD3

Payne

How to create a raid 5 (with 5 disks) on a 990FXA-UD3
« on: December 16, 2011, 01:23:56 am »
I have a 990FXA-UD3 and I want a raid 5 with 5 disks - all are 500GB SATA. total on a raid is about 2TB and the 6th sata is connected to the CD  so number 0 is cd, 1~5 are raid.
  • I can get it to Cntl-f and create a raid 5 with 5 disks they aren't recognized by jmicron so I can't get to Cntl J to k=load the raid configurator and format the drives. ( I could on my old XP
    • The bios settings are confusing as a raid 5 takes 5 of the 6 slots and I am not familiar with what is 3/4 slots are etc.
      • there is an additional slot card for additional IDE and SATA for backup drawers and a blue ray not yet connected, though the second DVD is on the slot parallel

More info

I can create a raid5 using Cntl - f , can create a raid 5, I set the gigabyte boundary both on and off and still am unsuccessful in getting to a working virtual disk.

can someone advise me or walk me through it on skype< I really do need some help on how to set this up to work?

It is reasonable to assume correctly that I spent a number of hours researching and the answers are to different versions of raid and different versions of bios.

also fair to say I have no idea what the achi driver/disk controller is.

thanks for taking the time to assist.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2011, 01:30:51 am by Payne »