Official GIGABYTE Forum

The GA-990FXA-UD3 is fine, but Realtek still don't get it!

oivind

The GA-990FXA-UD3 is fine, but Realtek still don't get it!
« on: July 07, 2013, 04:36:06 pm »
Working from home, I finally upgraded to that surround view system I always wanted - but wait a minute...

My previous PC was also a Gigabyte, and I always have trouble with the Realtek Sound Manager. After updating the latest driver from Realtek, I finally got it running, but now there is no option to control individual surround sound-channels, referred to as «room correction» within the Sound Manager-applications.

The Dolby-app is cute, but what I really need is manual control with the 5.1 channels!

It always seems to be an issue with the sound. I would be surprised if I am the only one. So, Gigabyte AND Realtek: Where is the working 5.1 application?

« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 04:43:00 pm by oivind »

AgentFXA

• none
Re: The GA-990FXA-UD3 is fine, but Realtek still don't get it!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:20:14 am »
Windows speaker properties (not Realtek) should have a Levels tab and there you can adjust outputs
X570 Aorus Elite Wifi / Ryzen 2700x / Gigabyte Radeon RX 7900 XT Gaming OC 20G Graphics Card / 16 GB HyperX Predator 3200 / SeaSonic 850W / Tt View 71 TG / Win10x64

oivind

Re: The GA-990FXA-UD3 is fine, but Realtek still don't get it!
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 03:44:39 am »
Hello there!

Thank you very much - that was easy to find!  :)

The reason for my confusion is simply that different hardware-providers offer different applications. My previous system had a Creative pci-sound card. The application that came with the card made it possible adjusting the 5.1 channels individually.

Ofcourse, doing it directly from Windows is possibly even better.

An idea for the hardware companies is to make the user aware of this during initial install.

Thanks again!