psu anteech earthwatts 650w
not so relaveent specs
gpu ati 6870
hdd corsair ssd

custome water cooling loop gpu/cpu ac power
all fans on 2nd psu

problem

i was messsing around with my rig boared.. start of all my bad ideads lol

i decited to update my bios i was running beta fgf one of the first vershions everything was cool prior and up to i updated just to try n re unlock my cpy i wanted the extra core back

whell what hapion when i went to bios ff (beep long) (beep long) (beep long) ram problem ok odd my rams never given me a problem
drop it to one stick boots fine

cool makein progress i think after 100x difernet timeing tweaks everything i can think of puting the second stick in causes the same problem

things get more weired now ok forget it go back to how things where fgf beta bios boot fine finaly ... problem if i overclock or anything cange 1 littel setting in bios i get the ram error code again

odd so i try every bios i can from first to last nothing changes

so at this point im smashing my head against the wall thinking there is only 1 of 2 explanations

1 i need a new motherboared
2 my cpus  memeory controler can not take anymore of my insane notions of overclocking and gave up on me

fell free to bounce some ideas off me im at a loss tho

... i have some credentals i know what im doing no i did not forget to put the battery back in and so on lol

and sorry for the horibal spelling and typos i blame the new keyboared
« Last Edit: February 01, 2012, 10:05:34 pm by markovian1985 »

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: bios issues ?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 08:34:33 am »
Hi and welcome.

My first thought was did you try and clear the CMOS after each attempt ? If not I would suggest doing so now following the instructions.

Remove the power cable from the mains supply and then press the power switch on the case for a few seconds just to drain any residual energy in the PSU capacitors.

Once done remove the motherboard battery for at least one hour before replacing it.

Next plug back into the mains supply and boot.

You will now need to enter the BIOS by pressing DEL and load Optimised BIOS Defaults.

Make any other changes to the BIOS settings to suit your self like disabling the floppy drive, disabling the full screen logo and making the HDD the primary boot device and then press F10 to save and exit.
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2012, 03:26:32 am »
It worked for fgf

Trying it on ff now

Doh for not thinking about that dam simple mistakes

Will report if it worked or not on ff

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2012, 03:55:33 am »
well did not work for ff

not the worst thing i am upgrading soon

but its still a puzzle and i cant help but to think of solutions no matter if i use it or not