Official GIGABYTE Forum

Steam enabled games still not working even after BIOS updated to FE

Shogun Total war 2 crashes at the start up splash screen and forces my computer to reboot. I have an AMD CPU and tried the flashing BIOS solution, the problem still remains. I flashed my GA-880GM-USB3 to the latest version. This version is called FE but on this page http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/STEAMGamesonAMDFXplatforms.aspx it says you need the F6 version. This does not seem to appear on the product page for the GA-880GM-USB3 http://uk.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3809#bios. I really want to get this game working so would appreciate any help on the matter 

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Re: Steam enabled games still not working even after BIOS updated to FE
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 06:35:46 pm »
Hi and welcome.

If it is only this game that fails to work properly I would think it is much more likely that you require a patch or update for the game itself otherwise there would be many games/programs that would have problems.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 06:36:40 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 07:27:09 pm »
Well i haven't tried any of the other steam enabled games that are supposed to have an issue with this but i'll try that anyway. Also the steam client automatically updates this game so i don't know that a patch/update is the problem

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 03:24:48 pm »
Ok i solved the problem, i just had to downgrade the BIOS to the FD version

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2012, 03:04:11 pm »
I was having problems with Steam games (e.g. Duke Nukem Forever - sad I know) crashing on a new system using a GA-880GM-USB3 v3.1 fitted with an FX-4100. With BIOS version FE installed the game crashes at the splash screen (waving flag for DNF).

As per the earlier post I "reverted" to BIOS version FD and DNF stopped crashing, but performance was bad, especially cut scene playback.

Yesterday I tried the recently released version FFa beta BIOS and everything is now fine!

Can anyone advise when FFa beta will transition from to full release FF?

Regards,

BNP

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 04:40:39 pm »
I was having problems with Steam games (e.g. Duke Nukem Forever - sad I know) crashing on a new system using a GA-880GM-USB3 v3.1 fitted with an FX-4100. With BIOS version FE installed the game crashes at the splash screen (waving flag for DNF).

As per the earlier post I "reverted" to BIOS version FD and DNF stopped crashing, but performance was bad, especially cut scene playback.

Yesterday I tried the recently released version FFa beta BIOS and everything is now fine!

Can anyone advise when FFa beta will transition from to full release FF?

Regards,

BNP

thats brilliant thanks i was suffering the performance problems i will deffo upgrade to the beta