Official GIGABYTE Forum

Warrantee -- Or should I say LACK OF WARRANTEE

Warrantee -- Or should I say LACK OF WARRANTEE
« on: December 26, 2011, 06:52:37 pm »
Just to let everone know what to expect if you purchase a Gigabyte Motherboard and have a problem with the motherboard.
Ist you will have to apply for a RMA (return merchandise Authorization) - - - - - no problem that's easy enough.
Then you may receive an email telling you that your request is under review, and that a decision is usually made within 2 days. --- OK, no problem.
Then two days pass and no word from them.
Then a week goes by and still no answer from them.  So you contact them, all they tell you that it's under review.
Then two weeks,
So I went to the Retail store where I purchased it, and they applied for a RMA, form the store.
they got an email like I did, smae old same email,  which said the same thing, (within 2 days) (nothing personal here just an automated reply)
2 days went by, no reply -----  Maybe the operator is asleep, or gone on vacation.
then a week, no reply.
then two weeks and still no reply. ---- Maybe the operator has better things to do ...  

They claim a 3 (three) year warrantee on my Motherboard. (MA785GPMT-UD2H) and it "crashed" in the second year of ownership.
Thinking it was my hard drive, I replaced it.  Still had a problem, so took it to a computer shop.
Maybe it was the power supply, so I let them replaced that as well.  Same problem.
So, maybe it was the AMD proccessor, so I had it replaced.   Same problem.  So left with no other choice I replaced the Motherboard.
Problem resolved.

They may play the "ignore and let it go away" game.  But it's gona cost them to do so because I will let every one I can know about my experience.
The best thing for them to do is take care of business properly.

Maybe after they read the 1st of my posts on the internet, maybe I will get a response, or a proper reply.  But then on the other hand, if they wait long enough, the 3 years warrantee will be up and they won't have to deal with it "right"?

« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 06:56:00 pm by Bad_Experience »

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
Re: Warrantee -- Or should I say LACK OF WARRANTEE
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 07:08:14 pm »
Hi there,

sorry to read of your bad experience and I have to say that usually things are much easier. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the holidays but I have to agree the lack of communication is a poor showing. As this forum is based in the UK ] we are rather limited to what we can do to help you in the USA, especially as the Gigabyte UK Offices are closed for the Christmas Holidays.

I should point out that the Gigabyte guarantee is for 3 years from date of manufacture not from date of purchase.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.

Ben

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, 08:18:55 pm »
Merry Christmas all.

I just crawled out of bed to read this, I always thought the guarantee/warranty was from the date of purchase not from the date of manufacture.

Thanks for clarifying that up  'absic', so what about "AMD" etc how does their's work?

Ben.

Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3R-B3
i7 2600 (4.00GHZ)
Ripjaws X 2@8GB XL (1.7V)
Kingston Blu Hyper 2@2GB (1.7V)
Corsair TX 650
HD 6870 1gb
blu ray + dvd
1T wd hdd
500gb WD hdd
Gigabyte Armor+MX case
Noctua air cooling (4 fans)
AOC 27'
Win 8 pro Full

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2011, 08:33:20 pm »
Absic is absolutely right about the warranty and you can check to see if your motherboard is still covered by checking the S/N sticker on the board. look for the part where it lists it as a year number and then a week ....something like 1128 would be week 28 2011.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2011, 09:16:36 pm by Dark Mantis »
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

teknology9

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2011, 08:45:18 pm »
Yes, please see the following post and read reply # 6.....see link below:

http://forum.giga-byte.co.uk/index.php/topic,85.0.html

teknology9
Windows 10 Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 2666
Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 D6 Gaming X 4G
i5- 10400
Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 250GB
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB
PC building.........it's no fun if it's easy!!!