Official GIGABYTE Forum

3 month old GA-M68M-S2P intermittant boot problem

3 month old GA-M68M-S2P intermittant boot problem
« on: December 26, 2011, 07:14:05 pm »
I recently put a GA-M68M-S2P into an approx 5 year old machine along with new HDD, new PSU, new Athlon II, about the only thing I didn't change was the case.  There was the odd problem with it booting which I didn't have time to chase down before my friend had to return home with the machine.  My friend tells the problem has now got much worse and takes an age popping the on button to get it going, my friend tells me that it starts to fire up but only a couple of seconds, no BIOS screen appears and it goes off again.  I suspect PSU or possibly a problem with the front panel switch?  Can anyone tell me if removing the front panel connector and  putting a jumper across the PWR pins to take the switch out of the equation will damage the M/B?

Thanks in anticipation.

Tiger

Re: 3 month old GA-M68M-S2P intermittant boot problem
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2011, 09:09:05 pm »
That circuit controlled by the switch is normally open. Installing a jumper would close the circuit. The switch is a momentary contact pushbutton. Instead of using a jumper, you can connect the two pins together by connecting them with a flat blade screwdriver for an instant.
1) GA-Z97X-Gaming 7, G3258,
2) GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1, FX-8350
3) GA-AM1M-S2P, Sempron 3850 Kabini

Re: 3 month old GA-M68M-S2P intermittant boot problem
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 07:58:46 pm »
Many thanks, I'll get my friend to give it a go.