Official GIGABYTE Forum

Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding Z68 cold boot?

teknology9

Ultim8 certainly did read this thread earlier but that doesn't mean that he is going to do anything about it necessarilly. The more people who are aware of the problem the better though.

Hi DM, yes I know , the point is the post may have come to his/her attention......that is all....no more....no less. :)

Teknology9
Windows 10 Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 2666
Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 D6 Gaming X 4G
i5- 10400
Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 250GB
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB
PC building.........it's no fun if it's easy!!!

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
Oh. Right, I understand then. I thought that you were insinuating that he was going to do something about it.  ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

teknology9

Oh. Right, I understand then. I thought that you were insinuating that he was going to do something about it.

No.....look below...its there in black and white. ::)

"Well Ultim8 may have just read about this.....you never know."

It's clear to most people to read and understand......but thank you for sharing your fascinating interpretation of the above with everyone!!!! :D

Teknology9
Windows 10 Home Edition
NZXT Phantom
Seasonic Platinum 1000w
Noctua NH-U12P SE2
Corsair 16GB 2666
Gigabyte B460M AORUS PRO
MSI GeForce GTX 1650 D6 Gaming X 4G
i5- 10400
Samsung 970 Evo Plus - 250GB
Samsung 830 SSD - 250GB
PC building.........it's no fun if it's easy!!!

spurst

My problem also has the random freezes, and boot cycling, as noted by horrorwood.

Is anyone who is having these issues NOT using an i5 2500k?

I also have an i3 2100, and I'm going to toss that in there for testing. I actually had to go out and buy parts for a 2nd system because my primary system is so unstable, I cannot trust it for my daily work. I am beyond annoyed at this point. I work full time in IT - I should not be working for free trying to troubleshoot issues for my own PC build. Sorry /endrant.

So thus far I've tried 2 different power supplies. 4 different types of ram (all pass memtest). The system actually passed a prime95 burn in, but then it will sporadically lock up while sitting idle, doing nothing (while I am reading web pages in between scrolling). I've tried 2 different Video cards, and SLI vs Single (although all cards have been Nvidia - 460gtx sli / 8800gt). A different Hard Drive versus 2 SLI SATA setups, different DVD-Rom. Thus far, all things are pointing at the board, the processor, or a combination of how the two play together.

I've reinstalled Vista 64, and Windows 7 x64 so many times now, that Microsoft has to be wondering what's going on with my Keys. I just  hope this extra information helps.

Like I said, if Gigabyte wants my system for testing, please send me something comparable that works. I'd be more than happy to submit a sample so they can get to the bottom of the issue. I have a feeling this is a larger issue than we think it is. I'm betting most are just dealing with the "boot cycling" think its user-related - ie I screwed up my windows install or bios settings somehow. However... it cycles with default settings.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 03:41:52 pm by spurst »

runn3R

• Admin
    • GIGABYTE UK
Re: Can we get an official response from Gigabyte regarding Z68 cold boot?
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2012, 05:26:12 pm »
Hi Neil79 and others

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I will check the status of this issue internally and contact you soon.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:46:37 am by runn3R »
ZX-S & C64 are still my favourites ;-)

Neil79

« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2012, 07:48:47 pm »
Hi Neil79 and others

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I will check the status of this issue internally and contact you soon.

Thankyou :)

Please note I don't have any idle issues, my system passes 24hrs of prime and 10hrs of intel burn test, 6hrs of BF3 and even more so of Skyrim.. My issue is that damn cold boot loop. I started it today it started up first time and was fine, yet yesterday Didn't go get so much as a video display and the system shut itself off when booting up then it boot loops. If I take the psu out as many other users have noted then put it back in, the system boots on it's own accord and works perfectly( atleast it does for me).

At one point it lasted 3 days and I thought it was working after i flashed to F7B, it then started cold booting again :(
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 09:46:50 am by runn3R »

« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2012, 09:06:21 pm »
Another person at overclock.net has posted with the same problem as me (sounds like it anyway)

http://www.overclock.net/t/1034724/gigabyte-p67-z68-boot-cycling-problem/590#post_16145740

arky33

« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 02:58:08 am »
Hello!

I just registered to add that I am having similar problems with my new GigabyteZ68XP-UD3P board. I went for this board because of the good reviews, but frankly it is completely useless when it comes to real overclocking because of the boot loops. It really is a shame because otherwise it's a really good motherboard. My 2500k really wants to go high and loves the voltage as I managed to get it up to 4.85ghz with just over 1.42V, with very reasonable temps. Problem is, I need some voltage to get there, and from the moment I touch the CPU voltage settings, whether it's with LCC or Dynamic settings, I get stuck with a boot loop and need to unplug the power cord, and then start over again from the defaults BIOS values. Not exactly a routine you wanna go through when you get home at 5PM on friday and power up your computer wanting to play you favorite game. So despite my (very small) investment in a "all-in-one" liquid cooling solution and the awesome temps it gets me, I'm stuck running my overclock @4.3ghz using default voltages because that's all that board will let me.

I am very looking forward for an update on that matter, whether it takes the form of a BIOS update or just some tips to get the voltage settings working without a boot loop. I went through the entire thread on overclock.net, trying most of the tips from the users but I haven't had any luck so far.

Thank you very much!

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Corsair Carbide 500R
XFX 750W Core Edition Single rail PSU
Cool-IT ECO watercooling
Patriot VIPER XTREME 8GB PC3-15000 @1.65V
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P
Gigabyte HD6970
Intel i5 2500k
ADATA 120GB SSD

Neil79

« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 06:50:44 pm »
Well it looks as If i got the scripted response again..

Basically

Have you backed up your bios... Like that hasn't been done before and will completely solve this issue  :'(

and this was from email

Hi,

After checking with our BIOS engineer, F7a, F7b and F7c also has been implemented the cold boot solution.

We are not able to duplicate this issue on our side. Please provide the steps how to replicate the issue. Alternatively please send the system to GBT UK for further check.

I give up!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 06:53:12 pm by Neil79 »

spurst

« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 07:54:16 pm »
You're lucky. None of my emails have even been replied to. Then I make this thread, and they reference you, and completely ignore me. At least you've made an impression I guess.

I would attempt to return the board, but its now beyond the initial 30 day return policy. I am still going to see if I can talk to the store manager and see what my options are, as I'm obviously getting nowhere with the manufacturer.

I might expect this with a $50 board, but not one of the higher end models. Frankly, I'm insulted - we should not be chasing down the manufacturer trying to get answers. I'd have expected an official response and a timely reply - even if its just a daily update indicating nothing new has been learned.

I'm sorry if this comes off harsh, but the reality is that I had to build a completely different PC with a non-gigabyte motherboard because I could not count of the reliability of your motherboard. Were I posting from the PC featuring your motherboard it would have boot cycled 8 times (and what is that doing to my SATA hard drive RAID array with it constantly spinning up and shutting down!) and I would have frozen half way through my reply.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 07:57:11 pm by spurst »

kangoo

« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 08:01:47 am »
You're lucky. None of my emails have even been replied to. Then I make this thread, and they reference you, and completely ignore me. At least you've made an impression I guess.

so you asked giga at gts (http://ggts.gigabyte.com)? if they don't reply at gts then call them: G.B.T. INC. Tel:   +1-626-854-9338 (http://www.gigabyte.us/about-gigabyte/contact-us.aspx)
as far as i know this forum is mainly for uk users, they can't help all the world. if you are from usa then use official gigabyte usa forum at tweaktown: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/ and inform us results and i am curious

Dark Mantis

• 10typesofpeopleoneswhoknow binaryandoneswhodont
    • Dark Mantis
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 08:40:35 am »
Hi

Yes you are of course correct that this is a UK Forum and whilst everyone is welcome to participate and even get help on the forum there is a limit to the type and amount of help we can give from here.

TweakTown is the official US forum for Gigabyte.  ;)
Gigabyte X58A-UD7
i7 920
Dominators 1600 x6 12GB
6970 2GB
HX850
256GB SSD, Sam 1TB, WDB320GB
Blu-Ray
HAF 932

Gigabyte Z68X-UD5-B3
i7 3770K
Vengeance 1600 16GB
6950 2GB
HCP1200W
Revo Drive x2, 1.5TB WDB RAID0
16x DLRW
StrikeX S7
Full water cooling
3 x 27" Iiy

kangoo

« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 09:16:30 am »
Well it looks as If i got the scripted response again..

Basically

Have you backed up your bios... Like that hasn't been done before and will completely solve this issue  :'(

and this was from email

Hi,

After checking with our BIOS engineer, F7a, F7b and F7c also has been implemented the cold boot solution.

We are not able to duplicate this issue on our side. Please provide the steps how to replicate the issue. Alternatively please send the system to GBT UK for further check.

I give up!

if they offered to check your pc in their office then you are the lucky one, not many have this privilege. you should not give up. fight for your right (to party ;))!!!

spurst

« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 12:14:00 pm »

so you asked giga at gts (http://ggts.gigabyte.com)? if they don't reply at gts then call them: G.B.T. INC. Tel:   +1-626-854-9338 (http://www.gigabyte.us/about-gigabyte/contact-us.aspx)
as far as i know this forum is mainly for uk users, they can't help all the world. if you are from usa then use official gigabyte usa forum at tweaktown: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/ and inform us results and i am curious

So this is not an official gigabyte forum? I was not aware tweaktown was the official forum, as its a 3rd party domain. I guess i'll start posting there, too.

absic

• Never give up; Never surrender!
    • Bandcamp
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 12:20:57 pm »
Hi there,

this is the Official Gigabyte Forum for the UK and Ireland. There are other's in France and other European Countries.

TweakTown is the official place for Gigabyte Technical help in the North America.

Not really sure why Gigabyte decided to use separate Forums for each area rather than one main site but they may have thought that help in the native language was the best way to deal with things.
Remember, when all else fails a cup of tea and a good swear will often help! It won't solve the problem but it will make you feel better.