Official GIGABYTE Forum

Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L: Problem with sound...

Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L: Problem with sound...
« on: October 22, 2009, 07:16:28 pm »
Hi there peeps!

I searched the forum to see if this has been posted before, but nada... Anyway, if anyone can help, that would be awesome!

I've got a problem with the Line In, it doesn't seem to be playing back sound properly.  When I plug in my speakers, sound system or headphones, it only plays out one speaker (left) properly and the other (right) is dead quiet.  I've checked the speaker balance and that's fine, uninstalled drivers and the device and reinstalled and it still does it... With the sound system too, it for some reason plays out the right speaker, so it seems like its switching them over, which makes no sense to me at all.

I've had to resort to listening to music through my USB headset which is fine, but its such a waste having a sound system I can only use with my 360.

FYI, I have Windows 7 now, but it was doing the same when I had XP too.  I've had this problem for a while, but I've been too busy/lazy to get it sorted, mainly cos its just an inconvenience....

The only thing I can think of is that the port is actually broken/faulty and I'll have to buy a soundcard if I want to use speakers  :( but if there's anything you guys know I can try first then please tell!

Thanks in advance!

Re: Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L: Problem with sound...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 01:05:47 pm »
Shameless bump!

Can anyone help with this?  I've been trailing the internet for ages...