Official GIGABYTE Forum

970A-UD3 BIOS bugs ?!

Vezina

• If it s not broken, fix it until it is !
970A-UD3 BIOS bugs ?!
« on: January 19, 2012, 11:27:28 pm »
I have the board for some time already.All i can say is that it works ,but compared to my other Gigabyte board seems somehow slower.

Anyway it has 2 things that annoy me ,even if the system it is in it is not really meant for gaming.

1.Anything (HDD-s or optical units) that I connect to SATA ports 4 and 5 ,the ones you can set up differently to AHCI or IDE , goes to multiword  DMA transfer rates  (instead of UltraDMA 5/6 as it is required by the devices) .This happens WHEN the IDE Mode is selected in BIOS.
Two optical units and 2 HDD-s from different vendors encounter this.
This means slower speeds of the devices connected.

I am not sure this is a design feature or an issue.
I have discovered this while testing my SATA devices, in IDE mode and AHCI ,as at mobo installation i did not payed attention to the SATA ports numbering i connected and some optical unit (connected to one of this ports) was under-performing.

2,I have installed on 2 HDD-s ,Win 7 and Win XP respectively ,each HDD with it s own Operating System.
No matter if use IDE Mode or AHCI the HDD-s can t be selected separately from the F12 boot menu.Their names don t show up in the menu.

Strange thing is that the Optical units ,one LG and one Optiarc ,are shown each one in the list and they can be selected.I can also select CD-Rom from the menu as well.
Practically in the F 12 menu you can select only the HDD field  which means it starts the HDD selected in the BIOS in the boot order settings.

Is there a BIOS version that has this fixed ?
Any user with some info ?
Over & Out !

AMD FX (APU-s included) users should install - KB2645594 & KB2646060 under Windows 7

1.ASUS Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 + FX 6300 + H60
2.MSI A88X-G41 PC Mate + A8 5600K + Hyper TX 2
3.Gigabyte F2A75-D3H + A4 5300
4.ASUS AM1M-A + Athlon 5150