Official GIGABYTE Forum

EASYTUNE6 & EASY ENERGY SAVER FOR LINUX???

EASYTUNE6 & EASY ENERGY SAVER FOR LINUX???
« on: January 31, 2012, 09:08:02 pm »
HELLO

today motherboard NEW GA-970A-UD3 beautifull!!!
but i installed linux opensuse 12.1 qith KDE4.7.2 is work as perfectttt
but why not easytune6 for linux? i payed this new motherboard....i need for linux!! where i can find for linux 100%?
let me know

i'm worry if there are not for linux. will sad!!

autotech

Re: EASYTUNE6 & EASY ENERGY SAVER FOR LINUX???
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2012, 12:03:02 am »
So tell me again what you do with or plan on doing with easytune6.  Overclocking or just watching values. There is plenty of other software for monitoring values.
GA-Z170X-UD5,Core i5-6600K,16 GIG,3200 ram ,2 X Corsair 240GB SATA III SSD, 500 gig HD,7 ult 64\, Rx-480 8gig\

Z97X-SOC GIGABYTE, I5 4670k, 16 gig 1600 ram, 240 gig sata3 SSD,1x 500HD/ R9 280x, corsair 650 RM PSU

GA-Z97X-Gaming G1,850 corsair,,DDR4 3200,240SSd,6950 video,850EVA

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2012, 09:12:34 am »
So tell me again what you do with or plan on doing with easytune6.  Overclocking or just watching values. There is plenty of other software for monitoring values.

overcloking and wathing values.
i wanted to say easytune6 on linux i like design and look..but why gigabyte company deas not feature for linux..?? there is feature for windows is very too and nothing for linux?? i'm not right.. it's not right for company because peoples buyed many motherboard on linux and gigabyte does not offer to linux? future will is there coreboot is very special: http://www.coreboot.org/Welcome_to_coreboot

linux is very very fast than windows 7... thank you

i not hate you but i say my opinion is true

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2012, 05:14:51 pm »
very funny , linux is dwarfed by the big 2 ,"windows and MAC "  the number of users using Linux is so small on the grand scale of things that virtually no one makes softwares for them barring a few .
I have used several forms of linux ,and concidering its such a small and bare OS ,its not really that much faster than either Mac or Windows.
I dont see why Gigabyte have an obligation to produce a particular utility for any OS , most of their utilities are model specific and not available to all M/boards let alone all OSs.
if you want an all singing dancing OS buy one of the big 2 .otherwise ,be happy with what you have .
I am a bit fed up listening to linux users bragging about how fast and how "FREE" their softwares are ,but they are the first to moan and complain when they cannot get a particular software for their choosen OS .
its all about choice . make yours and be happy .