Official GIGABYTE Forum

Is my EX58-UD3R dying?

Is my EX58-UD3R dying?
« on: November 26, 2009, 08:44:31 pm »
I switched my PC on last nightfans all came up for a few seconds and then it shut down.

Tried numerous times same thing, sometimes it tried to restart again but to no avail.

In the end I disconnected the power and took the dog for a walk, came back and powered it up and started to fire up then it moaned about the bios being corrupted and retrieved a backup copy internally and booted into windows.

Yay I though so opened outlook to check my mail and then it shut down, tried to power back on and same thing. Took the machine appart checked connections and all was well, reset the CMOS (after removing my graphics card grrrr) and it is up and running again.

I powered it down to reconnect cables and put the side back on the case powered on, it powered up then fans stopped spinning and it booted up.

It has been fine since yesterday but I now feel a bit uncomfortable about my system which has worked flawlesly since it was built in July. Everything is at stock speed and I have not attempted to overclock as stability is important to me.

I am wondering if the board is dying, I don't think it is anything else because of the corrupted BIOS.

The boards is a Gigabyte EX58-UD3R, I7 920 D0, with a GTX260 GPU, 6GB OCZ RAM, Coolermaster 700 WATT PSU, 3 x SATA HD's and A SATA DVDRW.

Opinions please, the board is still under warranty but knowing my luck if I send it back it will be tested and found to be fine.

It has the F5 bios by the way!
« Last Edit: November 26, 2009, 08:45:14 pm by wavemachine »

oggmonster

• I can see Russia from my house
Re: Is my EX58-UD3R dying?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 10:08:35 pm »
Just keep an eye on it, you may also want to reflash your bios with the F6 version.
There's no place like ::1

ETNiES

Re: Is my EX58-UD3R dying?
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 03:14:21 pm »
Did it bluescreen or did it just switch off? Check event viewer if it did bluescreen. I dunno why but im thinking it's a power issue, If I was you i'd try different things to try and reproduce the crash, and would flash to the newest bios.
If I had a hammer.. I'd hammer in morning.