Official GIGABYTE Forum

Already RMA'd once, what questions does Gigabyte ask upon 2nd RMA?

zerobomb

System:
Mobo: GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 2)
Intel i7 950
Gigabyte Radeon HD 5830
Plextor PX-128M2S  (SSD)
12GB 1333 DDR3 (2GB x 6)
Windows 7 Enterprise 64-bit

I previously RMA'd my graphics card because of a BSOD problem and received a different unit which solved that set of problems.  Recently I have begun experiencing new problems.

Occasionally, while not doing anything intensive (e.g. internet browsing, word processing, reading PDFs) graphical artifacts will appear on the screen.  They take the form of regularly-spaced, brightly colored squares, usually at the top or bottom of the screen.  They flicker for a few minutes before disappearing.  I have not found a way to reproducibly induce them, nor get them to go away.

I have also recently had two instances where, while playing a game, the computer completely froze.  There was no BSOD, nor did the machine power off; the video output became scrambled and I was forced to do a hard reboot.

While I suspect this may be due to an issue with the new graphics card, I would like to know what troubleshooting steps will be requested, as I see that
"Second RMA Procedures:  Users must troubleshoot with a tech support representative prior to requesting a second RMA"